Hello and welcome to our very last post of 2012. Thanks for reading, commenting, following us on Twitter, liking us on Facebook and following us on Tumblr. What better way to review the year that's almost past than with an exclusive interview?
Indecision: Hi, 2012. Thanks for talking with us.
2012: [stares, dazedly]
Indecision: It's okay. You've been through a lot.
2012: I'm so tired. I'm just so tired.
Tags: Barack Obama, Debates, Hillary Clinton, LGBT, Marriage Equality, Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich, Paul Ryan, Primaries, Rand Paul, Rick Santorum, Ron Paul, Sex, Twitter
* Kid President has a question and answer sesh.
* That's the fiscal cliff rock.
* Catch up on this past year's best correspondence.
* The world's Facebook feed for 2012, from College Humor.
* The Onion polls rural whites on the President's popularity.
* Here's a great list about what idiots have believed about sex.
* Get well soon, Hillary Clinton. This guy wants to hang out with you.
* Hillary is gonna knock these people upside their heads once she's better.
* What do you call the area between Time Square's New Year Ball and 2013?
Tags: Barack Obama, College Humor, Facebook, Fiscal Cliff, Hillary Clinton, John Boehner, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Sex, The Onion
This afternoon three State Department officials, including Eric Boswell, the head of diplomatic security, resigned after the release of a scathing independent report on the department's handling of the Benghazi consulate attack.
Tomorrow the Senate Foreign Relations Committee will hold hearings on Benghazi. Coincidentally, earlier this week it was reported that Hillary Clinton suffered a concussion after fainting due to dehydration from a stomach virus, and won't be available to testify before the committee. You have one guess as to where this is going.
Tags: Conservatives, Daily Caller, Hillary Clinton, Libya, State Department
Since the official Department of State blog launched in 2007, literally hundreds of people have visited DipNote to read carefully-phrased posts about American foreign policy. Now the blog is getting a redesign and possibly a new name, but–alas–only State employees were asked to submit names for the jazzed-up site coming in 2013.
This is truly a shame, since we had so many great ideas for blog names and content to feature at relaunch, such as:
Tags: Hillary Clinton, Internet, State Department