* The sounds of science.
* Bad Lip Reading at the inauguration.
* And you thought your relatives were bad…
* The Onion wants to make the Huffington Post cry.
* What happens in Las Vegas politics should stay there.
* Meanwhile, Baratunde Thurston calls out The Wall Street Journal.
* Feminism is a word that makes some men lose their f-ing minds.
* Surprisingly interesting discussion about Churchill's role in UK intellectual property laws.
* Sascha Cohen talks American History with Tig Notaro, Kyle Dunnigan and David Huntsberger.
Tags: Daily Links, Evolution, Feminism, History, Huffington Post, Inauguration, Las Vegas, Republicans, Sascha Cohen, Science & Technology, Star Wars, Tig Notaro, United Kingdom, Wall Street Journal, Winston Churchill, Women's Rights
* There's no such thing as bad publicity. Just ask Solyndra.
* Sixty-two years of global warming in 13 seconds is scary.
* Zero-G fingernail clipping is not an X Games event.
* The son on Homeland is not going to turn out well.
* The BBC is looking for a few good transgender roles.
* Polaroid pictures of President Obama's inauguration.
* The Queen's castle guards shouldn't have to yell this twice.
* This creationist obviously didn't pay attention in biology class.
* A swell new magazine from music writer Maura Johnston–it fits in your pocket!
Tags: Barack Obama, Charles Darwin, Climate Change, Conan O'Brien, Creationism, Daily Links, England, Inauguration, LGBT, Louisiana, NASA, Queen Elizabeth II, Religion, Science & Technology, Solyndra, Terrorism, The New York Times, The Onion
It's known as the second-term curse. The president wins re-election, then watches his bucket of political capital drip out on to a desert of scandals such as Watergate, Iran-Contra, Whitewater and the botched response to Hurricane Katrina.
Well aware of the gloomy history of second terms, President Obama's advisers have taken pains to plot a scandal-free course for next four years ahead, only to find themselves setting a record for the fastest second-term disaster in American history.
Tags: Barack Obama, Beyonce, Inauguration, Music
* A beautiful MLK-inspired concert with the Boston Children's Chorus.
* Iconic historical photos, but touched up.
* A handy graph to track inauguration hat trends.
* What if some guy didn't get the "Obama won" memo?
* Iran uses a picture of President Obama for propaganda.
* Dannon's Birth Control on the Bottom is a hilarious parody.
* Google chairman Eric Schmidt's daughter photographs their trip to North Korea.
* Hillary Clinton checks John Legend for a concussion, or something.
* In case you missed the inauguration, you can relive the whole thing here.
Tags: Daily Links, Hillary Clinton, Inauguration, Martin Luther King Day, Mitt Romney, North Korea, Women's Rights