Inauguration ball date needed
I want to go to an innauguration ball at the La'Plaza hotel. The ticket is like 85-100 bucks, the hotel room is like 250.00. I would like to dress up and go with a gentlemen that wants to go out with a classy, witty, woman to this event. I would like to get dressed up, meet you, dance and drink all night and then retire to the hotel room. I guarantee you will have a great time. I am not saying that sex is involved.
Not only is she not saying sex is involved, this was listed under "Strictly Platonic," so there you have it. Strictly platonic retiring to the hotel room. Maybe she means actual retirement. Maybe this is an innovative lobbying effort from the AARP.
Tags: Fashion, Inauguration, Men & Women, Michelle Obama, Sex, Washington DC
This year, unlike 2009, President Obama's inaugural committee is accepting donations from businesses and corporations. Despite looser rules about contributions, the inaugural committee is reportedly $10 million short of its $50 million fundraising goal.
What can you, a concerned citizen, do in these difficult times?
You can go shopping.
Tags: Barack Obama, Fashion, Golf, Inauguration
* Frank Zappa jams out on his love of capitalism.
* You'll watch this once, and then twenty more times today.
* Lincoln's second inaugural ball had a menu to fight over.
* Watch what happens when you heat mercury thiocyanate.
* The Current and John Moe discuss the Death Star petition.
* Rex Huppke has solutions for the looming debt ceiling crisis.
* If a tree falls in the forest and no one's around, these kids get an F.
* Governor Rick Scott abandoned Reagan just when he needed him most.
* The children of Newtown sing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" for their town.
Tags: Abraham Lincoln, Barack Obama, Daily Links, Economy, Inauguration, Rick Scott, Ronald Reagan, Science & Technology, Unions, White House
* Every other movie star seems completely sane compared to Gary Busey.
* The Real World: Skyrim edition.
* Kate Middleton as Vigo the Carpathian.
* The Smithsonian's inaugural relics collection.
* Peter Sagal has a new show about the Constitution.
* We need a more equal distribution of smut, from The Onion.
* Make your life easier by going moose hunting in the morning, ladies!
* Governor Rick Scott has Florida's Satanists wrapped around his finger.
* The latest New Yorker cover shows President Obama's job woes are nothing to sneeze at.
Tags: Daily Links, Florida, Gary Busey, Guns, Hollywood, Inauguration, Kate Middleton, Nerdiness, Porn, Rick Scott, The New Yorker, The Onion, Women's Rights
Oh hey, did you know that a Georgia-based pastor named Louie Giglio was supposed to give the benediction at President Obama's second inauguration?
The past tense is important there, because Georgia-based pastor Louie Giglio, who heads something called Passion City Church, just announced that he will NOT be giving the benediction at President Obama's second inauguration.
That is because in the 1990s Rev. Giglio gave a sermon in which he called homosexuality a sin, urged Christians to fight the acceptance of homosexuality in society, and said a whole bunch of other things that would be totally shocking if you did not realize they were being said by the head of a Southern megachurch. ThinkProgress uncovered audio of the sermon, triggering a minor political firestorm.
And, like, it would be totally out of character for Barack Obama to have an anti-gay pastor pray at his inauguration.
Tags: Barack Obama, Inauguration, LGBT, Religion