Obama will make his first presidential visit to Israel next month, and his hosts are so excited that they made this official logo for the occasion.
Everyone knows Israel and the U.S. are like two peas in an aerial bombardment-loving pod. Still, other countries should get to have their own logos when the president visits.
So we made some:
Tags: Barack Obama, Israel
There are plenty of rational criticisms to be made of Chuck Hagel, including the fact that he only has one facial expression. Recently, however, rumors flew that Chuck–acting in his capacity as a professional jerkface who's hell-bent on destroying Israel–gave paid speeches to a group called "Friends of Hamas."
Today we learn that these rumors were accidentally kindled by reporter Dan Friedman, who made the mistake of attributing a sense of humor to one of his Capitol Hill sources:
Tags: Chuck Hagel, Conservatives, Hamas, Internet, Israel, Media
* Obama gets unreal with Ohio voters.
* Warning: Gore. Thanks, Reddit!
* Bill Burr has many, entertaining opinions.
* George W. Bush goes on a spiritual retreat, from The Onion.
* Turns out Benjamin Netanyahu is actually a pretty great political cartoonist.
* Who said it? A guy who doesn't believe in science or two guys who don't believe in science?
* Greasy Mitt Romney face gifs are going to ensure no one ever wants to run for president again.
Tags: Al Gore, Daily Links, Iran, Israel, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Mitt Romney, Science & Technology, The Onion
Barack Obama has gotten some criticism for taking meetings with hosts of The View rather than with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. Maybe Bibi should've gotten himself a show on TLC if he wanted a face-to-face with the president.
As it is, he'll have to settle for a phone call…
Obama spent only 24 hours in New York for the UN General Assembly earlier this week before Netanyahu arrived, and the Israeli leader will meet Secretary of State Hillary Clinton later on Thursday instead of Obama.
"I expect the president will have a follow-up phone call with the prime minister probably Friday," White House spokesman Jay Carney told reporters…
It said the president's schedule, as he campaigns hard for re-election, did not allow him to be in New York at the same time as Netanyahu, who is demanding Washington establish public red lines for Iran over its nuclear program.
That's a little impersonal, considering the threat Netanyahu described in his speech before the U.N. General Assembly. Bibi, who's drawn more "red lines" than a mortgage banker in a rough neighborhood, described the nuclear threat to Israel with a simple chart…
Tags: Barack Obama, Benjamin Netanyahu, Iran, Israel, United Nations
So claims a just-released ad from the congressional campaign of Rep. Allen West, who is "leading the fight against the radical left's attack on God and Israel." Let's break down the herp-derp…
* The fauxtroversy began when conservative news outlets noted that the 2012 Democratic platform omitted references to God (while maintaining a large section on faith) and didn't explicitly affirm Jerusalem as the capital of special-est Middle Eastern country that ever was. Democrats were foiled by a Crtl-F search! Just include a reference to "Goddamned Jerusalem" and this would have all been avoided.
Tags: Advertising, Allen West, Antonio Villaraigosa, Democratic National Convention, Democrats, Israel, Religion