* Will Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas recuse himself on health care reform since his wife drew a $150,000 salary from an anti-health care reform group? (Spoiler Alert: No.)
* Turns out that Meghan McCain and Michael Ian Black's upcoming co-written book on U.S. politics is not the least plausible book likely to find an audience.
* Mitt Romney: Brevity is the soul of weird semi-coherent rationalizations.
* Sarah Palin doesn't "owe anything to the mainstream media," Sarah Palin tells number one cable news station, for which she is a contributor, during televised interview on national bus tour.
Photo by Alex Wong/Getty Images News/Getty Images
Tags: Barack Obama, Birthers, Books, Clarence Thomas, Fox, Health Care, Jerome Corsi, Judiciary, Meghan McCain, Michael Ian Black, Mitt Romney, Pork Barrel, Sarah Palin, Supreme Court, Virginia Lamp Thomas
* So, apparent Sarah Palin is being Jewish for Passover?
* Why didn't my accountant didn't tell me that I could write off $10 billion for spilling 200 million gallons of oil into the ocean? Goddamnit! I could have been getting a refund this year!
* Turns out the Koch Brothers are maybe a little bit unscrupulous.
* Jerome Corsi's new book blows the lid off story of Jerome Corsi saying whatever crazy shit he thinks will get him the most attention from idiots with $15.
Tags: Barack Obama, Birthers, Books, Charles Koch, David Koch, Jerome Corsi, Jewish, Passover, Pork Barrel, Religion, Sarah Palin
If the past two weeks have taught us anything about John McCain, it's that he's obsessed with a) domestic terrorists and b) plumbers. All of a sudden, his decades-long friendship with G. Gordon Liddy starts to make sense.
Liddy's claims to fame include…
* Serving as a White House "plumber" under Nixon, engineering the Watergate break-in, and serving a 4.5 year felony sentence as a result.
* Stating that, as a boy, hearing Hitler speak "gave me a strength inside I had never heard before."
* Plotting the murder of anti-Nixon journalist Jack Anderson and the firebombing of the Brookings Institute.
* Instructing his radio listeners on the proper way to kill a government official wearing a bulletproof vest.
* Inviting "Swift Boat" hack writer Jerome Corsi onto his show.
If these transgressions don't make Liddy every bit the domestic terrorist that Bill Ayers is, well… then Joe the Plumber makes over $250,000.
And given that Liddy has hosted McCain both on the air and in his living room, the only thing left to complete the circle would be giving Bill Ayers his own radio show.
If the FCC was listening last week, Michael Savage's slot should soon be available.
Tags: Barack Obama, G. Gordon Liddy, Jerome Corsi, Joe the Plumber, John McCain, Michael Savage, Richard Nixon, Watergate, William Ayers
Thank God for Rush Limbaugh. And not just because of the wonders he's done for our nation's white-collar drug dealers.
You see, the Bloated One heard Barack Obama try the tired "the woman who raised me is dying and I'm going to be at her bedside" line, and saw right through it. He knew those words to be obvious code for a birth certificate cover-up job.
Here's Limbaugh, speaking between bites of cigar, on his detective work…
"Who announces days in advance they're rushing to the side of a loved one who is deathly ill, but keeps campaigning in a race that's said to be over, only to go to the loved one's side days later? See, I think this is about something else… This birth certificate business, this lawsuit that a guy named Phillip Berg filed in Philadelphia in August for Obama to produce his genuine birth certificate, and he still hasn't replied, he hasn't done so."
But don't take Limbaugh's word for it! How about Michael Savage's?
"And Obama's leaving for Hawaii — Why? Why? What's he doing there? Why's he going there, huh? What's he going there for, huh? Why's he gonna — the last phase of a race, he's getting off the track just to visit his grandmother? Don't be stupid. It's the birth certificate issue, you fools, you."
(I'll bet Savage would have been a little kinder if he'd remembered that Obama's grandmother is white!)
And to top it off, on the radio show of domestic terrorist G. Gordon Liddy, Jerome "Swiftboat" Corsi announced plans to follow Obama to Hawaii "to do what digging I can on the birth certificate."
You mean this birth certificate, Jerome?
Maybe Dr. Corsi should reconsider his priorities on this trip. You shouldn't jump ahead to the birth certificate chase when goal number one really ought to be not getting deported this time.
Tags: Barack Obama, G. Gordon Liddy, Hawaii, Jerome Corsi, Michael Savage, Pennsylvania, Rush Limbaugh
Right-wing hack writer Jerome Corsi has finally found a place where he's even more unwelcome than in the Kerry family living room…
Jerome Corsi, author of "The Obama Nation: Leftist Politics and the Cult of Personality," was picked up by Kenyan authorities shortly before he planned to hold a news conference to promote his book, which has widely been denounced in the U.S. for repeating discredited rumors about the Democratic presidential nominee's background and upbringing.
Corsi later boarded a plane leaving the country, Kenyan police and his publicist said, amid questions about whether he went voluntarily or under duress.
Corsi, who when not writing reactionary political screed, spends his time blabbing on white supremacist radio, became douchebaga non grata in Kenya when he claimed that Barack Obama donated $1 million to the campaign of current Kenyan Prime Minister Raila Odinga. Both Obama and Odinga vehemently deny this.
Because what he said about them merits more than mere deportation.
Tags: Barack Obama, Jerome Corsi, John Kerry, Kenya