Sen. Joe Lieberman has been out there lately promoting his new book The Gift of Rest: Rediscovering the Beauty of the Sabbath, and at least one part of it really caught the attention of the Washington Post's Sally Quinn. And, of course, she just had to bring it up in an interview because… I don't know why because. Because she's a mean person? Because the weight of existence is an absurd joke on a unwillingly conscious species? Both?
At any rate, here's a clip of Joe Lieberman talking about sex for you to thrust deep into your memory hole…
"The rabbis have been pretty clear in interpreting that 'you ought to be doing this more often, but if you’re not for some reason the other six days of the week, be with your spouse on the Sabbath.' "
This brings up so many theological questions. Not the least of which is: What kind of a omnibenevolent God would command a person to have sex with Joe Lieberman? One a week, no less?!
Oh my God! The Sabbath is coming up tomorrow night. That means he'll be doing it again. His poor wife. His poor poor wife.
Tags: Books, Jewish, Joe Lieberman, Religion, Senate, Sex
Well, this is a beautiful story of cross-cultural understanding. A brave New York rabbi and two noble New York ministers overcame their historical, social, and religious differences to join forces Monday in an effort to eradicate human happiness.
Their specific target? Gays and lesbians, of course!
Rabbi Nathaniel Leiter joined the Revs. McGuire and Duane Motley of the organization New Yorkers for Constitutional Freedoms in filing the suit one day after the state of New York began to allow same-sex weddings.
The lawsuit questions the legality of the process that allowed the passing of the law on gay marriage in the New York Senate, the organization said.
Unlike other outlets in the lamestream media, we at Indecision are impervious to the gay Mafia's big gay agenda of gayness. That's why we wandered over to the official website for New Yorkers for Constitutional Freedoms in order to better understand why this trio of cross-cultural clergy is fighting so hard to make sure to prevent monogamous, child-rearing American taxpayers from getting married. Their mission statement says it all…
"As a Christian ministry, NYCF exists to influence legislation and legislators for the Lord Jesus Christ."
Kudos on those italics, NYCF! Also, does your pal the rabbi know about that whole Christ thing? We don't mean to throw cold water on your steamy, hot hate party, but we're not sure the Rabbi Nathaniel is particularly committed to influencing legislation and legislators for Christ.
Then again, when one of your organization's proudest accomplishments is "Assuring that churches are only charged residential, not commercial, rates for utilities" you're probably willing to bend a little on that Christ thing in order to actually score an impressive win.
Tags: Christianity, Jewish, LGBT, Marriage Equality, New York, Religion
This press conference doesn't seem at first that it'll be so long, but you'll be surprised once it gets exciting…
The press conference continues after the jump.
The Daily Show airs Monday through Thursday at 11pm / 10c.
Tags: Anthony Weiner, Anthony Weiner's Penis, Jewish, John Oliver, Jon Stewart, Kristen Schaal, The Daily Show, Video
* Ever notice how Sarah Palin only wears that Star of David in places where she might run into Jews? Do you think maybe she's confusing them with vampires?
* Tea Party politician Rand Paul thinks people who go "to radical political speeches by religious leaders… who is promoting the violent overthrow of our government" should be sent to prison. You know, either there or the Senate.
* Looks like Politico's Ben Smith is in the Charlie Sheen phase of internet celebrity.
* Newt Gingrich considering discussing his infidelities with Evangelicals concerned he might not know the true meaning of the word "grovel."
* Michele Bachmann thinks Armageddon might be right around the corner. Also thinks she has a shot at the White House. Eh, same thing kinda.
Photo by Ray Tamarra/Getty Images Entertainment/Getty Images
Tags: Anthony Weiner, Anthony Weiner's Penis, Armageddon, Ben Smith, Bill of Rights, Christianity, Constitution, Jewish, Kentucky, Marriage, Michele Bachmann, Newt Gingrich, Pork Barrel, Primaries, Rand Paul, Religion, Republicans, Sarah Palin, Senate, Sex, Tea Party
* Look, everybody knows that Koreans and Jews are pretty much the same thing, which probably explains the preponderance of gochujang references in stand-up comedy. Nŏ-mu cho-a-yo!
* Taliban embraces Twitter as tool in continuing effort to better halt the influence of Western Society.
* Say what you will about Osama bin Laden, but the guy knew how to size up the value of a political leader.
Tags: Afghanistan, al Qaeda, Health Care, Islam, Jewish, Joe Biden, Massachusetts, Mitt Romney, Osama bin Laden, Religion, Science & Technology, Taliban, Terrorism, Twitter