Coverage continues with Rep. Marcia Fudge's emotion-infused defense of Susan Rice after the jump.
The Daily Show airs Monday through Thursday at 11/10c.
Tags: John McCain, Jon Stewart, Kelly Ayotte, Lindsey Graham, Marcia Fudge, Senate, State Department, Susan Rice, The Daily Show, Video
Here's the newest image available for your captioning expertise in our new Google-powered Caption Challenge…
Go add your own caption to this picture of Sen. John McCain or to any number other images right now, or just vote for your favorites.
Take a look at some of the current top-scoring captions after the jump…
Tags: Caption Challenge, John McCain
* Barack Obama's favorability ratings are way up after his win last week, putting him in an excellent position for any major elections that might be coming up in the next few weeks.
* You ever get the feeling that all of life is but a multi-camera sit-com starring loving crank John McCain?
* I think Sen.-elect Ted Cruz might giving us a little bit too much of an inside look at his psyche. Some things are inside thoughts.
* Rep. Allen West has been denied a recount by a circuit judge. However, his petition to change the rules of mathematics is still being considered.
* I can't believe Williamsburg is jumping on the secession bandwagon like this. What will become of its hipster cred?
* Download our free iPhone and iPad app Indecision Election Companion and jump up into the the Peanut Gallery — our liveblog/instant reaction arena — to watch and respond as Sen. Lindsey Graham discusses Benghazi and David Petraeus on NBC's Meet the Press this Sunday at 10:30 am.
Photo by Jewel Samad/AFP/Getty Images
Tags: Allen West, Barack Obama, Florida, House of Representatives, John McCain, Polls, Pork Barrel, Senate, Ted Cruz
With even leaders inside their own party calling for change and reform, Republicans did not have a great week. Fortunately, a silver-lining has just appeared over the storm clouds: Meghan McCain is threatening to leave their party. In an editorial for The Daily Beast, she writes…
"And if we don’t move forward, adapt, and become relevant again, the Republican Party isn’t going to survive. It will just continue to alienate more moderate voters like myself. If I don’t see some changes in the next four years, I’m going to consider registering as an Independent in 2016."
Bobby Jindal may be pushing you to be the party of the one hundred percent. And John Boehner may threaten to compromise with President Obama. But stay headstrong, Republicans! Just continue four more years of alienating minorities, women and gays and you'll finally be 100% Meghan McCain free.
That way, you'll only have to deal with only one McCain making bold statements on behalf of their party with the sole intent of getting media attention.
Photo by Michael Loccisano/Getty Images News/Getty Images
Tags: Bobby Jindal, John Boehner, John McCain, Meghan McCain, Republicans
John McCain on congressional promises to block Rice from being appointed Secretary of State…
"I wonder why we are starting this new Congress with a protracted debate about a foregone conclusion. I can only conclude that we are doing this for no other reason than because of lingering bitterness over the outcome of the election."
Tags: Condoleezza Rice, John McCain, Quote Unquote, State Department, Susan Rice