* Ann Romney says she loves giving tithing 10 percent of the family income to the Mormon Church so much that she cries. Her husband responded, "So do I, but for a different reason." Now that is an actual joke. I think.
* Todd Akin has promised the people of Missouri that he will hang himself limply from Mitt Romney's neck like an albatross all the way till November!
* A Tea Party state legislator who was warned the people of Maryland of how homosexuals will hurt our children got drunk and crashed his boat into another boat full of kids. Is this his way of coming out?
* Download our free iPhone and iPad app Indecision Election Companion and jump up into the the Peanut Gallery — our liveblog/instant reaction arena — to watch and respond with us as Jeb Bush and John McCain sit down with David Gregory to discuss probably a bunch of Republican stuff on NBC's Meet the Press.
Photo by Bill Pugliano/Getty Images News/Getty Images
Tags: ann, Jeb Bush, John McCain, LGBT, Maryland, Meet the Press, Mitt Romney, Mormon, Pork Barrel, State Legislature, Tea Party, Todd Akin
I don't know if you've noticed, but there's been a lot of concern in Republican circles about the damage that Joe Biden might possibly be doing to the Democratic ticket. These conservatives seem to be genuinely concerned that the Vice President's non-stop stream of easily exploitable gaffes might take down Obama's chances at a second term.
Like when Sarah Palin said that "the strategists there in the Obama campaign have got to look at a diplomatic way of replacing Joe Biden on the ticket with Hillary." Or when John McCain stated that such a hard decision "might be wise." Or when the Weekly Standard looked at the President's schedule and noted that he would be meeting with both his Vice President and his Secretary of State in the same day and put two and two together news organization worth its salt would do.
Finally, fed up with the White House's infuriating silence in the face of all this rampant speculation and non-disingenuous concern, Fox News' Ed Henry did what had to be done and asked Jay Carney to please settle the matter. Again. Like the White House has done at least a dozen times in the past. Once and for all!
"Let's just settle it, once and for all. All this speculation. This is the ticket: Obama/Biden," asked Fox News Channel’s White House correspondent Ed Henry.
Carney paused before answering through muted laugher, "I think…"
"That's a yes or no," interjected Henry. [Ed note: It's nice to see Henry holding Carney's feet to the fire on this.]
"Yes," replied Carney. "And that was settled a long, long time ago."
Well, I'm glad that's settled. Though, it does make me wonder. Do you think Barack Obama might be replacing Joe Biden as VP?
Photo by Ron Sachs-Pool/Getty Images News/Getty Images
Tags: Fox News, Jay Carney, Joe Biden, John McCain, Sarah Palin
"I respect the vice president. He and I had strong disagreements as to whether we should torture people or not. I don't think we should have."
It's always nice when Sen. McCain lets his integrity out for some fresh air every now and again.
Tags: Dick Cheney, John McCain, Sarah Palin, Torture, Veepstakes
* The Bugle podcast serves up some fishy political chips.
* A coupon for your traditional family.
* Take it from Uncle Bill…sex advice, that is.
* Senator McCain buddies up with Leslie Knope.
* The only two ways we can fix America, from Hahajk.
* Lenny Bruce and Steve Allen on our right to bear words.
* Another installment of American Policy Suggestions from a Chicago Sports Fan.
* Olympians making derp faces. NSFW if you didn't bring an extra pair of underwear.