* Looks like Jon Huntsman is in the final stages of molting into the Joe Lieberman of the GOP. Take note of how he will now begin storing unused integrity in his jowls.
* Apparently Rod Blagojevich thought he could get sex from Halle Berry in exchange for a Senate seat. Say what you will about the guy, but at least he was actively working to create jobs.
* Evangelical historian David Barton's new book The Jefferson Lies is getting pulled from shelves by the publisher due to findings that it's a bit too light on the Jefferson and heavy on the Lies.
* Download our free iPhone and iPad app Indecision Election Companion and jump up into the the Peanut Gallery — our liveblog/instant reaction arena — to watch and respond with us as Newt Gingrich talks about post-colonial imperialism or pre-Raphaelitian agnosticism or who even knows what on CBS's Face the Nation this Sunday morning.
Photo by Alex Wong/Getty Images News/Getty Images
Tags: Books, David Barton, Democratic National Convention, Jon Huntsman, Pork Barrel, Rod Blagojevich, Senate, Sex
1. Mitt Romney's campaign misspells America as Amercia. Amercian Acceptionalism has never been so exceptionable.
2. But he was not the first to sing the praises of Amercia the Beautiful, whose fruited plains were first extolled by Tea Party protesters in 2010.
3. Rick Santorum's campaign sent reporters an email titled "MEDIA ADVISORY: SANTORUM'S PUBIC SCHEDULE." 15 minutes later, staffers sent a correction, though Santorum himself remained obsessed with all things pubic.
4. Jon Huntsman inaugurated his 2012 campaign with an event at the Statue of Liberty that featured press passes reading "John Huntsman for President" – adding an unnecessary H in the candidate's first name. The same mistake was made in mailers sent to New Hampshire voters. If only the votes for John Huntsman could be combined with the votes for Jon Huntsman, 2012's most sane Republican contender would… still have lost.
Tags: Dan Quayle, Joe Miller, Jon Huntsman, Lisa Murkowski, Martha Coakley, Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum, Tea Party
Barack Obama may have George Clooney as his Secretary of Handsomeness, but the Republicans have former presidential candidate Jon Huntsman — the 52 year old former governor was named one of the AARP's 21 sexiest men over 50.
Huntsman even offered some advice on how you too can join the ranks of Antonio Banderas and Colin Firth…
Q: What advice would you give younger men about how to age well?
A: Your inner strength is as important as your outer strength.
Q: What does your wife love about you?
A: She'd probably say my authenticity, which extends to my salt-and-pepper hair. She once told me that if I ever tried to add anything artificial, she'd leave me.
The good news for Huntsman is that he's finally won something. The bad news is that being described as the "the hippest dude in the conservative crowd" is a little like being the healthiest person at the hospice.
Photo by Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images News/Getty Images
Tags: AARP, Jon Huntsman, Sex