Earlier in Juche 101 (that's 2012, for those not used to calendars that start with the birth of Eternal President of the Republic Kim Il-sung) the official newspaper of the Korean Workers Party inaugurated its English-language service. While we've been lost in the minutiae of U.S. politics, Rodong Sinmun — Korean for "Fair and Balanced," I think — has been indispensable for its coverage of politics, culture and the economy.
Still, some journalistic essentials like "facts" and "reality" are lost in the English pronouncements of Rodong Sinmun and the Korean Central News Agency, so additional translations have been provided.
Tags: Kim Jong Il, Kim Jong-un, Media, North Korea
* James Lipton teaches Romney how to act authentic. In other words, like an oxymoron.
* Larry King is the king, nay, emperor of dubstep, from Funny or Die.
* Before President Obama could endorse gay marriage, he had to do a lot of vetting.
* Behind the Pen: The Chinese Threat, from The Onion.
* Fabulous tyrants, dictators & popes, from Scott Scheidly.
Tags: Adolf Hitler, Barack Obama, Catholic Church, Daily Links, Funny or Die, Kim Jong Il, Larry King, Marriage Equality, Mitt Romney
* A star-studded cast takes on women's reproductive rights, from Funny or Die.
* The Chris Matthews show takes a jab at Mitt Romney, the awkward artist.
* This Chevy Volt commercial parody proves that electric cars are firing up the nation.
* From The Onion, the cost of living is getting pretty serious.
* Sacha Baron Cohen's Dictator gets a little Kim Jong-Il on Ryan Seacrest.
Tags: Auto Industry, Barack Obama, Big Hollywood, Chris, Daily Links, Economy, Funny or Die, Kim Jong Il, Mitt Romney, The Onion, Tim Meadows, Women's Rights
* A very Bachmann Christmas, NSFW/Sensitive family members.
* Kim Jong-Un wonders if he can fill his father's clown shoes, from The Onion.
* The best things your tax dollars went to in 2011, from Buzzfeed.
* The best news headlines from 2011 that weren't ours.
* The funniest Someecards, from HuffPo Comedy.
Tags: BuzzFeed, Christmas, Daily Links, Huffington Post, Kim Jong Il, Kim Jong-un, Marcus Bachmann, Michele Bachmann, Taxes
* It's the most wonderful time of the year for Gingrich/Grinch parodies.
* Newt Gingrich's Letter to Virginia… from McSweeney's
* Mr. Jokey McMittens Romney on Letterman.
* It's not just our politicians: Vladmir Putin wields an "iron stammer."
* Supervillain or Newt Gingrich? Play the game!
* Sacha Baron Cohen's Dictator releases Kim Jong Il statement.
Tags: Barack Obama, Christmas, Daily Links, David Letterman, Fox News, Funny or Die, Kim Jong Il, Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich, Vladimir Putin, War on Christmas