* From The Onion, panelists discuss the latest GOP debate. Which one? Doesn't matter.
* No surprise here: Snoop Dogg endorses Ron Paul for Prizzledizzle.
* The latest installment of McSweeney's "The Long Walk: A Column About Washington".
* The New Yorker's latest cover shows Obama sitting back and enjoying the game.
* College Humor gives us a sneak peek at New Gingrich's Moon base plans.
Tags: Barack Obama, College Humor, Daily Links, Debates, Marijuana, Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich, Ron Paul, Sports, The New Yorker, The Onion, Washington DC
Former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson — despite most evidence to the contrary — is actually running for the actual Republican nomination for president, in between watching his neighbor's dogs. He sat down with our very own Mary Phillips-Sandy in the heart of the Indecision HQ to discuss a number of things, such as home state popularity, legalizing marijuana, Willie Nelson, gluten-free pizza and The Gary Johnson Rule.
Previously: Watch our Undercision 2012 interview with former GOP nominee Rep. Thaddeus McCotter.
Tags: Drugs, Gary Johnson, Indecision Exclusive, Marijuana, New Mexico, Primaries, Republicans, Undercision 2012, Video, Willie Nelson
* Willie Nelson subtly passes Teapot Party endorsement to Gary Johnson while no one is watching.
* Michele Bachmann can read! Actual grown-up people books! Good for her!
* Eric Cantor to oil speculators: "There, there. Everything will be alright."
Tags: Energy & Oil, Eric Cantor, Gary Johnson, House of Representatives, Illinois, Marijuana, Music, Pork Barrel, State Legislature, Willie Nelson
Former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson, who — despite having such traditionally conservative political views as favoring legalized marijuana, marriage equality and not nation-building in the Middle East — considers himself a Republican announced this morning, via Twitter, that he is running for president…
You really have to wonder what this guy's end game is. He's the kind of politician who I can actually imagine me and my progressive friends voting for over Obama — who, for the record, is opposed to all three of those things listed above — which means that he clearly has no chance of winning the GOP nomination whatsoever.
Look at the Brundlefly monster that McCain's avarice turned himself into back in '08. Look at the cartoon characters that formerly semi-reasonable moderates like Romney, Giuliani and Trump have become in their quests for the twisted favor of Republican base.
Look at Sarah Palin.
What makes this obviously hopeless pursuit worth the time of a businessman like Johnson? Or is he actually so deluded that he thinks he can actually win?
In which case, maybe he does have a place in the GOP field.
(via The Raw Story)
Tags: Afghanistan, Gary Johnson, Iraq, Marijuana, Marriage Equality, Middle East, Military, Primaries, Republicans, Twitter