I haven't thought about the Herman Cain ad — the confounding one in which his campaign strategist Mark Block smoked a cigarette seductively into the camera — in months, and yet I somehow felt an immense sense of relief upon watching this explanatory video from Block himself…
"I still can't go anywhere without anybody asking for an autograph on a cigarette."
Reacquaint yourself with Block's smoldering foray into the public eye after the jump…
Tags: Drugs, Herman Cain, Mark Block
With today's news, only 994 left to go until we hit the magic number!
Coverage continues after the jump.
The Daily Show airs Monday through Thursday at 11/10c.
Tags: Fox, Gloria Allred, Gretchen Carlson, Herman Cain, Jon Stewart, Mark Block, Megyn Kelly, Rahm Emanuel, Scandalgate, Sharon Bialek, The Daily Show, Video
Herman Cain's campaign says it’s trying to move forward after accusing Rick Perry's camp of two-stepping it backwards. Mark Block (Cain's Chief of Staff and resident "smoking guy") had earlier name-checked former Cain and current Perry aide Curt Anderson as the source of the sexual harassment accusations.
Anderson not only denied having any part in the scandal, but also welcomed reporters to divulge anything he's ever said to them about Cain. Since no one has claimed Anderson as a source. Block now has egg on his face (right next to that speck of cigarette ash… no, the other one)…
Block isn't saying he's backing down, but he's certainly not saying that he isn't NOT backing down. It's complicated, Fox News lady! Certainly all the evidence was there. But now all the evidence is not there and so it's time to move on.
Let's end this silly talk and get back on the issues the American people care about. Did you hear that Kim Kardashian got divorced?
Tags: Fox, Herman Cain, Mark Block, Primaries, Republicans, Rick Perry, Scandalgate
* In the wake of sexual harassment allegations, Herman Cain's chief of staff Mark Block is demanding a full apology to America from the candidate. And by "the candidate," I mean Rick Perry.
* Looks like Perry wasn't drunk during that New Hampshire speech. That's either very comforting or extremely terrifying.
* Oh no! Some Evangelical leaders are concerned that liberals might not accept Mitt Romney in a general election because he's a… M Word.
* Michele Bachmann tells Iowans that she opposes subsidies for their precious precious ethanol.
* Rick Santorum has gone The Full Hawkeye.
Photo by Win McNamee/Getty Images News/Getty Images
Tags: Agriculture, Alcohol, Christianity, Energy & Oil, Herman Cain, Iowa, Mark Block, Michele Bachmann, Mitt Romney, Mormon, New Hampshire, Pork Barrel, Primaries, Religion, Rick Perry, Scandalgate