In a year marked by giant egos striding across the national stage, one man stood out for not standing out at all, if he even showed up in the first place. His family was subjected to the sort of scrutiny that only befalls presidential candidates and Lindsay Lohan, yet he remained a mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in shiny teeth. For that, Ben Romney, you are Comedy Central's Indecision's Person of the Year.
What more can we say about this majestic, unknowable creature?
Tags: Ann Romney, Ben Romney, Craig Romney, Josh Romney, Matt Romney, Mitt Romney, Republicans, Tagg Romney
* "Oh Mitt!" is a show about a lovable alien trying to live with humans.
* …Also: the Pope wears a funny hat.
* Do you still <3 NY? Here's one way to show it.
* The absentee ballot application, from McSweeney's.
* Somebody charted the reasons some people won't vote.
* Shooting down the walls of politics, Comedy Bang Bang!
* The Romney boys are cracking the case this election eve.
* Talking to your lover about politics, a helpful how-to guide.
* At least one undecided voter is finally decided, from the Onion.
* Barack O's Tacos, featuring Clownvis Presley. Need anyone say more?
Tags: Daily Links, David Letterman, Matt Romney, Mitt Romney, Tagg Romney, The Onion, Voter Suppression
Have you read that story in which a duplicitous public figure sends a trusted underling to a far-off land carrying a secret conspiratorial message for a powerful and shadowy authoritarian overlord? What's that story called?
Oh right! It's called that article in today's New York Times…
Matt Romney, a son of the Republican presidential nominee, traveled to Moscow this week seeking Russian investors for his California-based real estate firm just days before his father is to wrap up a campaign in which he has vowed to take a tougher stance with the Kremlin…
But while in Moscow, Mr. Romney told a Russian known to be able to deliver messages to Mr. Putin that despite the campaign rhetoric, his father wants good relations if he becomes president, according to a person informed about the conversation.
Sounds pretty good! Very exciting stuff! I'd totally read this!
Though, I don't see why they had to reboot this story so soon after it was originally released back in March.
Tags: Barack Obama, Matt Romney, Mitt Romney, Russia, Vladimir Putin
Twitter buzzes over Mitt Romney's Pacific Rim wins…
No surprise Romney won Hawaii and American Samoa. Some of his best friends are Pacific island owners. #HIprimary
— David F. Gordon (@DavidFGordon) March 14, 2012
Thrilled to win Hawaii and American Samoa. I don't know why we let foreign countries vote, but I'll take it!
— Willard Mitt Romney (@MlTTR0MNEY) March 14, 2012
Tags: American Samoa, Hawaii, Matt Romney, Rick Santorum, Twitter