With even leaders inside their own party calling for change and reform, Republicans did not have a great week. Fortunately, a silver-lining has just appeared over the storm clouds: Meghan McCain is threatening to leave their party. In an editorial for The Daily Beast, she writes…
"And if we don’t move forward, adapt, and become relevant again, the Republican Party isn’t going to survive. It will just continue to alienate more moderate voters like myself. If I don’t see some changes in the next four years, I’m going to consider registering as an Independent in 2016."
Bobby Jindal may be pushing you to be the party of the one hundred percent. And John Boehner may threaten to compromise with President Obama. But stay headstrong, Republicans! Just continue four more years of alienating minorities, women and gays and you'll finally be 100% Meghan McCain free.
That way, you'll only have to deal with only one McCain making bold statements on behalf of their party with the sole intent of getting media attention.
Photo by Michael Loccisano/Getty Images News/Getty Images
Tags: Bobby Jindal, John Boehner, John McCain, Meghan McCain, Republicans
Well, it looks like the 2008 campaign reunion tour has finally reached its inevitable conclusion. Someone posed in Playboy. And, shockingly, it wasn't even a Palin.
It was a McCain…
Meghan McCain kept her clothes on when she posed for the April issue of Playboy. But no subject — including her sex life — was off limits…
"I'm not a lesbian, if that's what you're asking," she said in the racy interview. "I'd be the first person to tell the world I was gay. I'm not private about anything… I'm strictly dickly. I can't help it. I love sex and I love men."
In true patriotic form, she appeared in the issue in a red, low-cut sequin dress and blue stilettos while splayed on white satin sheets.
Well, that sounds tasteful. I'm glad McCain has put those dumb blond rumors to bed by posing in a magazine of dumb blondes in bed.
Incidentally, "Strictly Dickly" is also the name of Dick Cheney's new conservative talk show.
Now that McCain has set the trend of "serious" political commentators posing in skin mags, perhaps we'll finally get to see James Carville oil up that sexy scalp of his and stretch out on a bearskin rug.
Photo by John W. Ferguson/Getty Images Entertainment/Getty Images
Tags: John McCain, LGBT, Meghan McCain, Porn, Sex
Hot on the heels of a Santorum trifecta comes Twitter's best reactions…
If Rick Santorum becomes our nominee – it will be the first really significant evidence I've seen that the Mayans might be right about 2012.
— Meghan McCain (@McCainBlogette) February 8, 2012
BREAKING: Ann Romney tells heckler, "My husband can't f@*king throw the ball and catch it at the same time!" — Philip Klein (@philipaklein) February 8, 2012
Tags: Al Franken, Colorado, Jesse Ventura, Keith Ellison, Meghan McCain, Michele Bachmann, Missouri, Mitt Romney, Primaries, Rick Santorum, Sports, Twitter, Wisconsin
* Rick Perry has somehow managed to take World War II, the history of baseball, a box full of small pox-infected blankets and a McDonnell Douglas F/A-18 Hornet supersonic fighter jet, blend them all up in a food processor and cook them down into the sweetest most syrupy 60 seconds of self-serving patriotism you've ever tasted.
* I don't know which of Meghan McCain's smears against Ronald Reagan is more disgusting, that he's a "dirty moderate" or that he's "like her."
* Hey, we managed to find three whole billionaires whom Mitt Romney probably doesn't like.
* Good news, poor people! President Obama promises to care about you, at least through November.
Tags: Barack Obama, Meghan McCain, Mitt Romney, Money, Primaries, Republicans, Rick Perry, Ronald Reagan
* The Onion asks Americans if Mormonism is a "cult."
* It's not just Mitt Romney and Wilford Brimley. BuzzFeed tells who else is Mormon.
* Coco makes light of Herman Cain and Michele Bachmann.
* If Herman Cain had a Meghan McCain… on Twitter.
* Kanye West ain't messing with Wall Street gold diggers, from Dangerous Minds.
Tags: BuzzFeed, Conan O'Brien, Daily Links, Herman Cain, Kanye West, Meghan McCain, Michele Bachmann, Mitt Romney, Mormon, Occupy Wall Street, Religion, The Onion, Twitter