This is your weekly all you can tweet buffet of political news. Go ahead, start with the dessert table you animal.
Anthony Weiner must feel like an idiot– no self-respecting politician wears boxer-briefs.
It's nice to know that Mitt probably voted Democrat in '04 when he saw that Kerry had joined Team (John) Edwards.
Tags: American Idol, Anthony Weiner, Anthony Weiner's Penis, Chris Christie, Cindy McCain, Donald Trump, Meghan McCain, Michael Ian Black, Mitt Romney, Rob Kutner, Sarah Palin, Twitter, Tworld News
* Will Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas recuse himself on health care reform since his wife drew a $150,000 salary from an anti-health care reform group? (Spoiler Alert: No.)
* Turns out that Meghan McCain and Michael Ian Black's upcoming co-written book on U.S. politics is not the least plausible book likely to find an audience.
* Mitt Romney: Brevity is the soul of weird semi-coherent rationalizations.
* Sarah Palin doesn't "owe anything to the mainstream media," Sarah Palin tells number one cable news station, for which she is a contributor, during televised interview on national bus tour.
Photo by Alex Wong/Getty Images News/Getty Images
Tags: Barack Obama, Birthers, Books, Clarence Thomas, Fox, Health Care, Jerome Corsi, Judiciary, Meghan McCain, Michael Ian Black, Mitt Romney, Pork Barrel, Sarah Palin, Supreme Court, Virginia Lamp Thomas
* "Have you ever stayed at a Holiday Inn?" and other tough questions Donald Trump had to face from serious journalist Meghan McCain.
* Andrew Breitbart's Big Journalism wonders allowed "What if the Birthers Are Right?" Also, totally thinks the birthers are right.
* Libya under attack from bloodthirsty flying robots.
* Idaho Gov. Butch Otter puts down foot, vows to protect constituents from dangerous medical care.
Tags: Alaska, Andrew Breitbart, Barack Obama, Birthers, Butch Otter, Health Care, Idaho, Libya, Meghan McCain, Polls, Pork Barrel, Robots Are Dope!, Sarah Palin
Well, this is unexpected…
That's Cindy McCain — mother of Meghan McCain, wife of sitting Republican Sen. John McCain, female scion of Sghalthor Seven of the 4th Imperial District of Galaxia Pilt — and she's coming out in favor of marriage equality.
Sure, Meghan would support this, but her husband? Is it even possible that he's maybe also in favor of marriage equality? Can we even begin to entertain that possibility? (And don't even get me started on her parental gene-giving entity. That guy!)
Mitt Romney, meanwhile, is being courted by a gay rights group to get him to pull some strings with Grand Elders of the Mormon Church (or whatever they're called) to stop their quiet-but-moneyed opposition to gay marriage. (Spoiler Alert: There's approximately a zero point zero percent chance that he'll go for it.)
Can you imagine if Republicans actually picked up the cause — after the Democrats dropped like a used tissue — and actually did something with it? Wouldn't that be amazing?
Also, it would be amazing if I had a unicorn with machine gun turrets and George Peppard's voice.
Anyway… What were we talking about?
Tags: Cindy McCain, John McCain, LGBT, Marriage Equality, Meghan McCain, Mitt Romney, Republicans
If you're just recovering from the post-inauguration party hangover and venturing back into the world for the first time since January, here's everything you need to know about the year you missed: From now on, nothing matters unless it's been turned into a shitty Kanye West song.
I know it seems odd, but it's our culture now. You'll get used to it…
Tags: Barack Obama, Kanye West, Meghan McCain, Music