While the judiciary tries to hold itself out as an impartial branch of government that floats high above the petty partisan fray of DC politics, everyone knows that's pretty much a load of BS.
As Montana's chief U.S. district judge reminds us, sometimes those black-robed intellectuals forget to keep their political views, and bestiality fantasies, to themselves…
Montana's chief federal judge Wednesday admitted forwarding an email to friends about President Obama that appears to equate African Americans with dogs and raises questions about the president's mixed racial ancestry.
"Normally I don't send or forward a lot of these, but even by my standards, it was a bit touching. I want all of my friends to feel what I felt when I read this. Hope it touches your heart like it did mine," Chief U.S. District Judge Richard Cebull wrote before forwarding the email…
In the email, a boy asks his mother why he is black and she is white. "His mother replied, 'Don't even go there Barack! From what I can remember about that party, you're lucky you don't bark!' "
The Bush-appointed judge later apologized, sort of…
Tags: Animals, Barack Obama, Judiciary, Laws, Montana, Racism, Richard Cebull, Stanley Ann Dunham
How long does it take to travel to every state in the nation and mock it right to its face? About two minutes…
I think it's really cool that Paul Jury traveled 19,000 miles in the service of writing his book States of Confusion, but you've got to wonder if it was really necessary. If he was really interested in seeing how everybody in the country really lives, couldn't he have just gone to a Wal-Mart in a Hoveround?
Tags: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Books, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
* The Onion: Congress Deadlocked on How Not to Provide Health Care.
* Please don't let the idiot train leave for health care protest town without Michele Bachmann! She's a'comin'!
* Sen. Max Baucus is under attack from the YouTubes.
* Barack Obama's mother-in-law practices Santeria, but she ain't got no crystal ball.
* John Edwards is moving his little bundle of political irrelevancy closer to home.
Tags: House of Representatives, John Edwards, Max Baucus, Michele Bachmann, Montana, Pork Barrel, Senate, The Onion
Kurt Braunohler is back with the last batch of informatively juicy facts about swing states, in our exclusive video series, Swing State Seminars!
Check out more Swing State Seminars here!
Tags: Kurt Braunohler, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, Swing State Seminars
As we push toward November 4, it's time to focus on our nation's Swing States (i.e. the ones who will pick a president for the rest of us based on whoever's negative ad they saw last.) So tough toodles, Texas. Nous sommes désolés, Massachusetts. Let's investigate a state that matters for a change…
Montana's Key Players
* Governor Brian Schweitzer: Has done for bolo ties what Jackie Kennedy did for pillbox hats.
* Senator Jon Tester: Has done for cutting your hair with a lawn tractor what Jackie Kennedy did for going to a stylist.
* Former Senator Conrad Burns: Although he lost his seat in 2004, he can still influence the voters he greets at the entrance to the Butte Wal-Mart.
* Gay cowhands working up on the old Brokaw ranch.
* Extras on the set of "A River Runs Through It 2: The College Years."
* The African-American population, which will be voting absentee due to a business meeting he's attending in Milwaukee.
* Residents insisting on stepped-up border security to protect against Canadians who swore to move to the U.S. if Prime Minister Stephen Harper was reelected.
* Salmon grateful for Sarah Palin's anti-bear executive record.
* Exurb commuter families who got priced out of North Dakota.
Predicted Winner: McCain
Ever the wily veteran, McCain won't repeat the same mistakes his commanding officer made at Little Bighorn.
Check out more Swing State Profiles here!
Tags: Barack Obama, It DO Mean a Thing, John McCain, Montana