For years, Republicans have treated Jimmy Carter like a punch line. This feckless battered old beaten politician from generations past couldn't possibly do them any harm at this point, so why not? Let's drag his name through the mud some more. I mean, seriously! What's the worst that could happen?
Credited as a "research assistant" on the [secret Romney video tape] story is James Carter IV, the grandson of former President Jimmy Carter, who has been toiling online as an opposition researcher and is "currently looking for work," according to his Twitter bio. "I've been searching for clips on Republicans for a long time, almost every day," said Carter this evening. "I just do it for fun."…
The scion of Jimmy Carter! Of course he's emerged from the murky backwaters of history to take revenge for his family's besmirched name…
Tags: Jimmy Carter, Mitt Romney, Mother Jones
* If you missed anything this week, here's an overview from The Onion.
* This NY Times puff piece on Mitt Romney isn't so puffy.
* Americans used to be record holders, but not anymore.
* Money can officially grow on trees, via Laughing Squid.
* Mother Jones speculates about the classes at "Newt University".
Tags: Daily Links, Michelle Obama, Mother Jones, New York Times, Newt Gingrich, Patriotism, Republican National Convention, The Daily Show, The Onion, Wonkette
* Clowning Harry Reid.
* What's next, JFK: Skirt Hunter?
* What happens to NYC when President Obama pays a visit.
* Justin Beiber plays it safe on the fence with David Letterman.
* Mommy skills count when applying for a job, from McSweeney's.
* Winter is coming. Game of Thrones political attack ads from Mother Jones.
* Just when you thought it was safe to wade into the ocean of politics again…the Tea Party.
Tags: Barack Obama, Daily Links, David Letterman, Game of Thrones, John Kennedy, Mitt Romney, Mother Jones, New York, Tea Party, The Onion, Unemployment, Women's Rights
* Mother Jones' illustrator Zina Saunders draws out Romney's secret crush.
* Saturday Night Live satirizes Romney's compulsion to be the every man, literally.
* Julia Louis-Dreyfus is playing a Veep!
* The Onion radio reports on how the Pentagon gets their missiles.
* The Neighborhood Watch movie marketing team is having to walk on eggshells.
Tags: Daily Links, Mother Jones, Paul Ryan, Pentagon, SNL, The Onion, Trayvon Martin
* The Muppets take on Goldman Sachs, from Funny or Die. NSFW.
* From The Onion, the U.S. military needs a win.
* What's next, a war on men? Buzzfeed investigates.
* A bad feminist, from McSweeney's.
* Zina Saunders' animated political cartoon about the GOP's war on women.
Tags: BuzzFeed, Daily Links, Men and Women, Mother Jones, The Onion, Women's Rights