When you think Harvard, you think highbrow. It's an institution where serious people go to study serious subjects, like law and underwater lacrosse-stick weaving. Chances are their senses of humor are also erudite: if a Harvardian laughs at a fart joke, it must have included an especially obscure T. S. Eliot reference. (Five bucks to the person who can make that joke.)
Recently some fun-loving Harvard students pulled a prank that was either a boorish insult to minorities and women or a delightful piece of lampoonery. (Lampoonery is a real word, although I had to look that up, because I went to a state school.) The stunt involved the publication of a fake party flier that said "Jews need not apply," but "coloreds" and "Rophynol" [sic] are "OK."
Many people were outraged by this. Other people were… well, the opposite of that.
Tags: Harvard, National Lampoon, Racism
* The Onion finally figures out who's behind the high unemployment rate.
* President Obama's weed habit gets animated.
* Erotic fan fiction that Mitt Romney writes about himself.
* Arizona is a getting a little too conservative, from National Lampoon.
* Todd Glass films a powerful PSA for the Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network.
* See what American Voices say about Senator Dick Lugar not campaigning for a Republican nominee.
* Obama vs. Oprah: Lightsaber Duel, from Funny or Die.
* A diagram of Ted Nugent comments.
* Congressman caught towel dancing, from National Lampoon.
* High school students send a rubber chicken into space, which is cool.
Tags: Daily Links, NASA, National Lampoon, Oprah Winfrey, Ted Nugent
* Obama's new commercial is not ineffective, from Funny or Die.
* Fact: Fake Science is 90% responsible for global warming.
* The Reformed Whores respond to Rush Limbaugh.
* National Lampoon has some slogans for Joe the Plumber.
* John Oliver and Andy Zaltman talk politics and other hilariousness.
Tags: Daily Links, Joe the Plumber, John Oliver, Mitt Romney, National Lampoon, Newt Gingrich, Primaries, Rick Santorum
* Roseanne Barr announced her presidential bid last night on The Tonight Show, from LaughSpin.
* E. B. White's 1951 letter to the ASPCA about the dog tax.
* National Lampoon details Newt Gingrich's lesser-known marriages.
* HuffPo Comedy thought of 10 things more inconsequential than a Trump endorsement.
* What Gingrich regrets not doing in Florida, from The Onion.
Tags: Daily Links, Dan Quayle, Donald Trump, Florida, Green Party, Jay Leno, National Lampoon, Newt Gingrich, Roseanne Barr, The Onion