[Madame Secretary's personal smartphone rings, from somewhere deep inside her purse. She pauses the episode of Homeland she's watching and answers.]
Hillary Clinton: Yeah.
Michael Bloomberg: Hillary, it's Mike Bloomberg.
HC: Kinda busy right now.
MB: I know. This won't take long. Hey, you like pizza? You like good pizza?
Tags: Hillary Clinton, Michael Bloomberg, New York City
According to the latest popular vote tallies, Barack Obama's gifts and the New Black Panther Party's GOTV efforts earned the president 65,331,508 votes compared to 60,698,920 votes for Mitt Romney. Those on the losing side of this result can find solace in the Five Best Counties for Conservative Republicans, where they may be cocooned miles away from the nearest NPR-listening, Prius-driving, Obama-voting liberal.
For the winners, however, there's the realization that 60 million votes is still a ton of people. Are there any places in America where a Democrat can be away from the Romney-voting hordes and experience the same level of blissful epistemic closure as their conservative counterparts? Yes. Yes there are.
Tags: Democrats, Liberals, Maryland, Mississippi, New York City, South Dakota, Washington DC
* The dangers of gloating.
* Ron Pauls of the word, UNITE!
* Do your homework before you set off to Australia.
* The world's October Facebook feed, from College Humor.
* Beautiful visual story of the night(s) the lights went out in NYC.
* Kids make everything voters went through this year fun again.
* Jimmy Kimmel takes the slow boat to Florida's election outcome.
* David Letterman and Brian Williams get medieval on Karl Rove.
* Speaking of which, Louis C.K. is doing two benefits for Staten Island.
* Pauly Shore raps about President Obama on Marc Maron's WTF Podcast. So…yeah.
Tags: Barack Obama, Brian Williams, College Humor, Daily Links, David Letterman, Facebook, Florida, Get Your War On, Huffington Post, Hurricane Sandy, Jimmy Kimmel, Louis C.K., Mitt Romney, New York City, The Onion
Hot on the devastating coattails of Hurricane Sandy, Trump announced he would give President Obama a brief reprieve from last week's who-the-frick-cares triple-dog-dare…
Because of the devastating hurricane, the mogul tweeted Tuesday that he is extending his offer to President Barack Obama to donate $5 million to charity if the president produces his college records and passport application.
Trump said last week that the deadline for an answer from Obama was Wednesday at 5 p.m. Now he’s extended it until Thursday at noon.
Tags: Barack Obama, Donald Trump, New York City, Red Cross, Twitter