Last night, Jon Stewart talked with Fox News' Bret Baier and things got… well, interesting. They also got long. So long that their stirring conversation about Fox's laudable journalistic integrity spilled over from the TV and onto the Internet.
Here is their conversation in its entirety…
The interview continues after the jump.
The Daily Show airs Monday through Thursday at 11/10c.
Tags: Bret Baier, Fox, Jon Stewart, NPR, The Daily Show, Video
140 characters: Just the right amount to consume the news, way too many for your performers to effectively portray in a two-man avant-garde staged version of the Libyan uprisings.
Speaking of complicated yet mildly funny Libya-related activities…
Tags: Ann Coulter, Haiti, House of Representatives, Japan, Libya, Military, New York Times, NPR, Nuclear, Science & Technology, Twitter, Tworld News, Wyclef Jean
* Winner of the 2006 Al-Gaddafi International Prize for Human Rights wants Barack Obama's Nobel Peace Prize revoked due to excessive bombing of Al-Gaddafi International Prize for Human Rights founder's country.
* If Chris Christie does get pushed into GOP nomination campaign against his will, it'll probably take a whole lot of party members to do the pushing. (Because he's so resolute, obviously. What did you think I meant?)
* Republicans' plan to place "In God We Trust" signs on all schools to only add $90 million to national budget.
* Researchers at Duke University find NPR to be liberal using state of the art Twitter technology.
Tags: Barack Obama, Bill of Rights, Bolivia, Chris Christie, Constitution, Economy, House of Representatives, Muammar Qaddafi, New Jersey, Nobel Prize, NPR, Pork Barrel, Primaries, Religion, Republicans, Science & Technology, Twitter
* Anthony Weiner thanks House Republicans for ignoring all the rules and rushing this highly important anti-NPR legislation through.
* So, you wanna tell a teacher that he can't teach kids about talking snakes? Take that shit out of Texas, you bigot!
* PZ Myers explains why he is an amoral, family-hating monster and Newt Gingrich isn't.
* New York's 26th congressional district seat: Did you hear that the guy who prank called Scott Walker might be running? Somebody better go catch him.
* Sad news. Barack Obama is being shut down.
Tags: Anthony Weiner, Education, House of Representatives, Ian Murphy, Marriage, New York, Newt Gingrich, NPR, Pork Barrel, PZ Myers, Religion, Science & Technology, Scott Walker, Texas, Wisconsin
What a weird coincidence! All (except one) the people who voted in favor of defunding NPR were Republicans and all the people who voted against were Democrats.
Voting in favor were 235 Republicans and one Democrat, Rep. Heath Shuler (N.C.), while all 181 Democrats present voted "no." The final vote on the bill is expected to take place at 1:45 p.m…
Democrats argued that the bill would not actually lower the deficit and charged that Republicans were simply taking aim at NPR because they disagree with its content.
"This bill does not cut one dollar, one dime, one penny from the federal deficit," [Rep. James McGovern (D-Mass.)] said, adding that if the debate is about whether or not the American people should be forced to subsidize content they disagree with, federal funding of advertising on Fox News Channel should also be up for debate.
Hahahaha. Funny joke, Rep. McGovern. But come on. Serious people are trying to have a serious conversation about making a cheap political potshot over here. Take that funny stuff outside.
Tags: Fox, House of Representatives, NPR