* Ain't no party like a Joe Biden party.
* The Onion's timeline of women in combat.
* Pie charts can be misleading, from McSweeney's.
* The Rude Pundit examines Sarah Palin's Fox farewell.
* From Videogum, your complete guide to the Puppy Bowl.
* Meanwhile, The Complete Guide to Everything covers the Super Bowl.
* Whoa: Fox News pundits look exactly like Kids in the Hall characters.
* The Bugle podcast discusses the European Union, second terms and the other kind of football.
* What the hell is Lance Armstrong doing here? He doesn't belong here.
* Beat-boxing with a metronome and no performance enhancers.
* Five places to see America's human fossil record before you become part of it.
Tags: America, Daily Links, Fox News, Joe Biden, Kids in the Hall, Lance Armstrong, Military, Oprah Winfrey, Sarah Palin, Saturday Night Live, Sports, Super Bowl, The Onion, vice president, Women's Rights
Ah, the summer of 2007. Simpler times. When two dudes could ride together in The Des Moines Register's Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa without anyone thinking the resulting photograph would be hilarious. Today, the only argument is about who has fallen further.
Consider the fall of Edwards: On June 7, 2007, John Edwards gave a speech accepting the National Father's Day Council's Father of the Year Award. On February 27, 2008, Frances Quinn Hunter was born.
On July 25, 2007 Edwards staged the above photo-op with Armstrong, which also happened to mark the only time Edwards has actually sweated like a millworker, and was well on his way to a second-place finish in the Democratic Iowa Caucus. By April 2012, he was facing a federal indictment and a 3% favorability rating.
But then there's Armstrong: One day, he's an inspiration to millions and one of the most storied and dominant athletes in history. Today, he's being forced to admit he knows what channel the Oprah Winfrey Network is on. The winner of the disgrace-stakes is clear. Congrats, Lance. Enjoy winning this one thing you won without taking drugs.
Photo by David Lienemann/Getty Images News/Getty Images
Tags: Drugs, John Edwards, Lance Armstrong, Oprah Winfrey
* Obama vs. Oprah: Lightsaber Duel, from Funny or Die.
* A diagram of Ted Nugent comments.
* Congressman caught towel dancing, from National Lampoon.
* High school students send a rubber chicken into space, which is cool.
Tags: Daily Links, NASA, National Lampoon, Oprah Winfrey, Ted Nugent
This week was all about the economy, for debtor or for worse (I'm not married to that joke).
Money talks, also debt talks.
Tags: Barack Obama, China, Chris Christie, Debt, John Boehner, John McCain, Oprah Winfrey, Rachel Maddow, Tea Party, Twitter, Tworld News