Paul Ryan's new budget unveiled the same day as the papal conclave. Looks like House Republicans and the Vatican will both be blowing smoke.
— Adam Carl (@AdamWearsPants) March 12, 2013
Tags: Catholic Church, Paul Ryan, Republicans, Tweet Untweet, Twitter, Vatican
The response to the State of the Union is the opposition party's opportunity to inform the president that, yes, his agenda is welcome to crawl into a corner and die. Call it the STFU to the president's SOTU. It's also a hazardous assignment, if history's any judge.
Tonight Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) will give the official Republican response, and Sen. Rand "Son of Ron" Paul will give the official Tea Party response, which is a whole lot of responding–and a whole lot of room for error.
Here's what Rubio and Paul need to do in order to avoid making complete(er) fools of themselves:
Tags: Bob McDonnell, Bobby Jindal, Marco Rubio, Mitch Daniels, Paul Ryan, Rand Paul, Republicans, State of the Union, Tea Party
* Cutting up with Letterman at the Kennedy Center Honors.
* Wow. They did nail it.
* Being Lieberman, from Buzzfeed.
* Wikipedia has become self-aware.
* Give your child the gift of Republican science.
* The Bugle podcast is great for fans of comedy and politics.
* Les Fiscal Miserables is worth the price of admission.
* What does your work happiness look like in chart form?
* Employees must wash hands after going to bar last night, from The Onion.
Tags: Daily Links, John Oliver, Paul Ryan, Republicans, Science & Technology, The Onion, Wikipedia
Phew! That was close. At the last minute lawmakers pulled a deal out of their assembly and averted a roll down the fiscal cliff.
Here's a look at how Twitter responded:
Tags: Barack Obama, Democrats, Fiscal Cliff, House of Representatives, John Boehner, Paul Ryan, Republicans, Tweet Roundup