The age old retort "Is the Pope Catholic?" officially changed to "Is the Pope Governor of Alaska?"
— lafix (@lafix) February 11, 2013
The Pope is hardly the first person to lose interest in their real job so soon after joining Twitter.
— Sixth Form Poet (@sixthformpoet) February 11, 2013
Tags: Antonin Scalia, Barack Obama, Catholic Church, Dan Savage, Doctor Who, Pope Benedict XVI, Sarah Palin, Tweet Roundup, Twitter
Pope Benedict XVI has a message for the faithful this Lenten season: you are not going to out-Catholic the Pope. You abstain from soda, he'll give up ice cream. You give up Facebook, he'll stop tweeting as @pontifex. You stop eating meat, he'll stop being the Pope.
Tags: Catholic Church, Pope Benedict XVI, Religion, Vatican
* This is the only thing I want for Christmas.
* Herman Cain is throwing a Twitter tantrum.
* Meanwhile, the Pope is having the Twitter blues.
* Mean Girls is exactly like Congress, but meaner.
* RIP (and rebirth in peace) the amazing Ravi Shankar.
* The latest installment of "Bitchslap" from McSweeney's.
* A Charlie Brown Christmas but with Orson Welles as Linus.
* Paul McCartney in Nirvana? Yoko needs to step up her game.
Tags: Daily Links, Marriage Equality, Pope Benedict XVI, Twitter, Yoko Ono
The Pope (@pontifex) joined Twitter this week, but according to the Vatican he won't start tweeting until December 12. In the meantime people have tweeted thousands of questions at him, using the #askpontifex hashtag.
Jesus only waited three days to rise from the dead, so Twitter shouldn't have to wait until next week for answers to pressing questions of faith…
Tags: Pope Benedict XVI, Twitter
* Mr. Burns explains the fiscal cliff.
* God's boss seems like a real douche.
* Cracked counts down four political errors.
* What to get a royal baby that has everything.
* McSweeney's recommends a whole lot of cool things.
* The Sklar brothers talk smack about the Popemobile.
* Hot sauce on the balls is not legitimate penal policy… need we say more?
* Christian Slater's vote was rejected in Florida. Guess they forgot he existed, too.
Tags: Daily Links, Fiscal Cliff, Florida, Karl Rove, Kate Middleton, Mitt Romney, Pope Benedict XVI, Prince William