* The Senate is about three steps away from proposing a border fence to keep jobs from entering the United States.
* Actually building such a wall, though, would violate the 112th Congress' solemn oath to do no anything.
* The good news is that Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio finally gets to redeem his name in a court of law. The bad news is they're probably not going to consider brain wave faxes and solid gold hunches admissible as evidence.
* Congratulations, America! You have successfully contributed $1 billion to the presidential campaigns! And less than a third of that came from Sheldon Adelson!
* Download the Indecision Election Companion, our free app for your iPhone and iPad, and climb up into the the Peanut Gallery — our liveblog/instant reaction arena — to watch and respond as Tim Pawlenty explodes his electric personality all over your TV screen this Sunday morning on NBC's Meet the Press.
Photo by Brendan Smialowski/Getty Images News/Getty Images
Tags: Arizona, Joe Arpaio, Judiciary, Meet the Press, Money, Pork Barrel, Senate, Unemployment
* Mitt Romney demands that Barack Obama apologize for pointing out things for which Mitt Romney is demanding an apology. Or something equally sensible.
* Ezra Klein comes up with 14 reasons why this is the worst Congress ever. Just 14? I can think of something more in the neighborhood of 535.
* Do Condoleezza Rice's reasoned non-knee jerk opinions about abortion disqualify her as a make-believe Vice Presidential pick?
* Download the Indecision Election Companion, our free app for your iPhone and iPad, and climb up into the the Peanut Gallery — our liveblog/instant reaction arena — to watch and respond as Charlie Rose talks with Barack and Michelle Obama on CBS Sunday Morning this Sunday morning at 9am/8c.
Tags: Abortion, Bain Capital, Barack Obama, CBS, Charlie Rose, Condoleezza Rice, Michelle Obama, Mitt Romney, Pork Barrel, Veepstakes
* "Akron restaurant owner dies hours after meeting Obama," confirming rumors that almost certainly exist that President Obama is a sleeper agent for a secret international society of stealth assassins. And if not, those rumors will be arriving shortly.
* Barack Obama cannot exist in the same with Fox News.
* Turns out that John Philip Sousa's great-grandson is a first-class birther. Which is kind of disappointing. Until you remember that the patriotic composer was a big fan of bassoons.
* That woman who claims to have had a 13-year affair with Herman Cain wants to fill us in on all the details. We didn't even get any money out of the deal, so why should we be burdened with this?
* Get the Indecision Election Companion, our free app for iPhone and iPad, and then jump into the Peanut Gallery — our liveblog/instant reaction arena — and watch Bobby Jindal’s appearance on ABC’s This Week with us on Sunday July, 8 at 10a/9c. Will it be veepstakesy? Or the veepstakesiest?
Photo by Olivier Douliery-Pool/Getty Images News/Getty Images
Tags: ABC, Barack Obama, Birthers, Bobby Jindal, Food, Fox News, Ginger White, Herman Cain, Music, Ohio, Pork Barrel, Sex
* Mitt Romney uses misrepresented footage of Hillary Clinton to shame Barack Obama for using misrepresented information to shame Mitt Romney. This, I believe, is call a "Möbius video clip."
* Slate counts down The Eight Stages of Conservative Grief. "Apoplectic," oddly, didn't make the list.
* A new poll shows that nearly half of all Americans currently believe that congressional Republicans are putting politics over economic recovery, which is really weird when you think about it. Half of America is never right about anything.
* Fred Karger — the first openly gay Republican presidential candidate — is officially ending his campaign. Which is kind of a bummer. I feel like he was so close.
Tags: 2008, Barack Obama, Fred Karger, Hillary Clinton, LGBT, Mitt Romney, Pork Barrel, Primaries, Republicans
* The White House just tweeted this photo, in an obvious attempt to show voters that the President is so dedicated to his job that he's taking his meals in the Oval Office.
* Michele Bachmann unveils the liberal lamestream media's transparent scheme to win the health care battle by complimenting Anthony Kennedy for his dreamy transfixing eyes (or something not all that much less silly).
* While we're on the subject of Enquirer-esque revelations from Rep. Bachmann, have you heard about all those Muslim Brotherhood agents who have infiltrated in the DOJ, Homeland Security and NIA?
* A Politico reporter was suspended for making distasteful sensational remarks about a presidential candidate. Odd. Normally, they're given promotions.
Tags: Anthony Kennedy, Barack Obama, Bo Obama, Department of Justice, Health Care, Homeland Security, Islam, Judiciary, Marco Rubio, Meet the Press, Michele Bachmann, NBC, NIA, Pork Barrel, Puppies!, Racism, Religion, Senate, Spying, Supreme Court