You may not realize it, but you've probably offended someone today. You see, Presidents' Day is a much more significant holiday than most people recognize, with an etiquette all its own…
Tags: Barack Obama, Beyonce, Bill Clinton, George H.W. Bush, George W. Bush, Jay-Z, President's Day, United Kingdom
* Jimmy Fallon wrote a song for everyone who has the day off.
* Funny or Die honors all our black presidents.
* Mother Jones' Presidents' Day playlist rules.
* These people are like our step-presidents.
* Why should anyone care about Presidents' Day?
* A profile of George Washington's presidential reluctance.
* The Complete Guide to Everything podcast discusses meteors.
* Dictators need to learn they can't rule Photoshop with an iron fist.
* Ian Frazier shines some light on the mystery of Richard III's bones.
Tags: Barack Obama, Dictators, Funny or Die, George Washington, Jimmy Fallon, Meteor, NASA, Photoshop, President's Day, Space
Probably my least favorite President is that pyramid with the scary eye on top.
— Brandon Gutermuth (@UNTRESOR) February 18, 2013
I was on my way to work this morning when I realized it's Presidents Day and I don't have a job.
— Robin McCauley (@RobinMcCauley) February 18, 2013
Tags: Conan O'Brien, Herman Cain, House of Representatives, President's Day, Tweet Roundup, Twitter, William Howard Taft
As every pedant knows, today is Presidents' Day, not President's Day. In other words, we have mattress sales in honor of all our chief executives, not just the good or famous ones.
Today, we even honor the presidents too obscure to be Googled by schoolchildren forced to learn American history:
Tags: Google, History, Internet, President's Day