* Soda lovers take their victory to the streets.
* It takes a lot of power to get a roller coaster going.
* If all money looked like this, people probably would save more.
* Political dramas are getting too much like real life.
* An alternate reality where Stan Lee and Jack Kirby were Communists.
* Let's have some fun, this beat is sick. I wanna take a ride on your pastoral staff.
* The Fremont City Council meeting will now come to disorder. [NSFW]
Tags: Catholic Church, Communism, Daily Links, Energy & Oil, England, Howard Dean, Lady Gaga, Money, New York City, Queen Elizabeth II, Rob Delaney, Soda Ban, Vatican O'Brien
* There's no such thing as bad publicity. Just ask Solyndra.
* Sixty-two years of global warming in 13 seconds is scary.
* Zero-G fingernail clipping is not an X Games event.
* The son on Homeland is not going to turn out well.
* The BBC is looking for a few good transgender roles.
* Polaroid pictures of President Obama's inauguration.
* The Queen's castle guards shouldn't have to yell this twice.
* This creationist obviously didn't pay attention in biology class.
* A swell new magazine from music writer Maura Johnston–it fits in your pocket!
Tags: Barack Obama, Charles Darwin, Climate Change, Conan O'Brien, Creationism, Daily Links, England, Inauguration, LGBT, Louisiana, NASA, Queen Elizabeth II, Religion, Science & Technology, Solyndra, Terrorism, The New York Times, The Onion
* Martin Short and Bill Hader discuss the royal ladyparts.
* From The Onion: Illegalize me!
* Holiday guilt trips, from UCB Comedy.
* Gifs make the fiscal cliff fun. No, really!
* You have the right to read this Cracked article.
* A little heavy, but an amazing series of 2012 photographs.
* Jimmy Kimmel gets some surprising answers about the fiscal cliff.
* These countries won't get fooled by fake news again (but fingers crossed!).
* NASA is confident the world isn't going to end Friday. A little too confident.
* Frank Conniff + Baratunde Thurston on the Beginnings podcast = very entertaining.
Tags: Baratunde Thurston, Christmas, Civil Rights, Guns, Kate Middleton, Martin Short, NASA, Queen Elizabeth II, The Onion
Submitted by the mysterious Name.
Tags: Caption Challenge, Games and Challenges, Queen Elizabeth II
I don't know about you, but this recent British election has been very educational for me. For example, on last night's Daily Show, Jon Stewart talked about the process of Gordon Brown stepping down as Prime Minister and passing the torch to David Cameron. It's the most fascinating UK-related thing I've ever seen that wasn't sped up and set to the tune of "Yakety Sax."
The Daily Show airs Monday through Thursday at 11pm / 10c.
Tags: David Cameron, England, Gordon Brown, John Oliver, Jon Stewart, Queen Elizabeth II, The Daily Show, United Kingdom, Video