* Oh Rick Perry, SNL's love for you holds on, holds on. Via HuffPo Comedy.
* The Onion reports how the fatcats play while the mice get pepper sprayed.
* Rachel Maddow suggests that Herman Cain is performance art.
* Here's one of the few examples of a successful petition.
* This meme puts one lump or two in the Tea Party, from Buzzfeed.
* President Obama should use trickle down legislation to get the jobs bill through Congress, from The Onion.
* Cracked on a truly wild card GOP candidate.
Tags: Barack Obama, Daily Links, Herman Cain, Occupy Wall Street, Primaries, Rachel Maddow, Republicans, Rick Perry, Saturday Night Live, Tea Party, The Onion, White House
* Twist of Cain, from Bad Lip Reading.
* Putin on the Ritz, by Brad Jonas.
* American job creators, from The Onion.
* Anderson Cooper's Halloween costume.
* Funny or Die shows why Obama should grow his facial hair out for good luck until the election.
* American history visualized, via The Momentus Project.
* Sarah Silverman discusses Rick Perry and her aptly named NAACP comedy benefit.
* HAVE A HAPPY SATAN'S NIGHT, Pat Robertson! From Buzzfeed.
Tags: Anderson Cooper, Barack Obama, Daily Links, Economy, Funny or Die, Halloween, NAACP, Pat Robertson, Primaries, Rachel Maddow, Republicans, Rick Perry, Sarah Silverman, The Onion, Vladimir Putin
This week was all about the economy, for debtor or for worse (I'm not married to that joke).
Money talks, also debt talks.
Tags: Barack Obama, China, Chris Christie, Debt, John Boehner, John McCain, Oprah Winfrey, Rachel Maddow, Tea Party, Twitter, Tworld News
Ben Greenman's musical got me thinking. We need more spectacle in the blogosphere. And, as much as I love musicals, that's not really my forté. I'm much better at writing Arthur Miller-style heart-wrenching gritty dramas. So, take a look at this when you get a chance. It's kind of a work in progress.
The curtain rises on two Republican politicians speaking to one another.
Republican #1: So, about Weiner. We're gonna make this guy resign, right?
Republican #2: Oh, totally! There's no way that we can allow a man with such low moral principles to serve in the highly esteemed United States Congress.
Republican #1: Exactly! Our bicameral legislative branch is a shining paragon of morality. It can never be sullied by the base habits of a man who uses his genitals for anything other than the sacred act of procreation.
Republican #2: I couldn't have said it better myself. And another thing–
Sen. David Vitter enters, interrupts.
Sen. David Vitter: Hey, guys! Wassup?! Listen, you're coming to my fundraiser tonight, right? Gotta keep the ol' Vitter doin' his thang on the Senate floor, comprende?
Republican #1: Oh, absolutely!
Republican #2: I wouldn't miss it for anything!
Sen. David Vitter: Excellent. I'll see you over there. Gotta make a quick pit stop at drugstore and pick up some Huggies for my, uh… baby… Alright, goodbye.
Sen. David Vitter leaves.
Republican #1: So, who do you like for President?
Republican #1: I'm leaning toward Newt.
Inspired by this segment from The Rachel Maddow Show…
Photo by Tom Williams/CQ-Roll Call Group/Getty Images
Tags: Anthony Weiner, Anthony Weiner's Penis, Bob Livingston, David Vitter, House of Representatives, Larry Flynt, MSNBC, Porn, Prostitution, Rachel Maddow, Senate, Sex
"The idea that the birth certificate is the real story and Osama bin Laden is the distraction from it tells you everything you need to know about the people who are really invested in the birth certificate story." – Rachel Maddow
The Daily Show airs Monday through Thursday at 11/10c.
Tags: al Qaeda, Birthers, Jon Stewart, MSNBC, Osama bin Laden, Rachel Maddow, The Daily Show, Video