* You've got to admit. Former RNC chair Michael Steele seems a lot less silly all of a sudden.
* One small business owner is doing his part to help fix Obama's devastatingly not-so-bad employment numbers.
* Why won't David Petraeus release the birth certificate of the person he was sleeping with?! I'm just asking questions, people!
* The leader of the Tea Party Express is suddenly against tossing around blame. Next thing you know, she's going to place a moratorium on Uncle Sam hats and unintentionally-ironic protest signs.
* Download our free iPhone and iPad app Indecision Election Companion and jump up into the the Peanut Gallery — our liveblog/instant reaction arena — to watch and respond as David Axelrod and Lindsey Graham discuss election results on CBS' Face the Nation this sunday at 10:30 am ET
Photo by Alex Wong/Getty Images News/Getty Images
Tags: Chelsea Clinton, David Petraeus, Michael Steele, Pork Barrel, Reince Priebus, RNC, Unemployment
RNC chair Reince Priebus on Paul Ryan and tonight's vice-presidential debate…
"It's a nervous situation… This is his first time. Joe Biden's been doing this since the 1800s."
Yes, I'd imagine it would be rather nerve-wracking to go up against a Time Lord. If things start going bad for him, he can always zap you with his sonic screwdriver.
By the way, those things should not be allowed on the podium.
Tags: Joe Biden, Nerdiness, Paul Ryan, Quote Unquote, Reince Priebus
* From Jest.com, a couple debates the debate.
* Romney shoots the bird.
* McSweeney's says re-elect this guy.
* Obama's debate notepad doodles.
* President Obama is all like uh…
* Mitt Romney gets the Jesus treatment.
* The best article on Reince Priebus you'll ever read.
* Steve Martin gives a very Steve Martin-y political endorsement.
* The differences between Obama and Romney, from Snoop Dogg.
Tags: Barack Obama, Conan O'Brien, Marriage, Mitt Romney, Reince Priebus, Steve Martin, The Onion
In response to the release of a tape showing Mitt Romney performing his best caricature of Mitt Romney, Republicans have returned to the time-tested refrain of look over there Barack Obama once said a thing.
What is this thing, which Obama once said, that the Drudge Report is now hawking and RNC Chairman Reince Priebus finds "telling?" It's a tape of an October 19, 1998 conference at Loyola University, in which Obama shows himself to be a centrist technocrat…
"The Chicago Housing Authority has not been a model of good policy making. Neither necessarily have been the Chicago Public Schools. What that means then is that as we try to resuscitate this notion that we're all in this thing together, leave nobody behind, we do have to be innovative and thinking what are the delivery systems that are actually effective and meet people where they live. And my suggestion, I guess would be that the trick, and this is one of the few areas where I think there are technical issues that have to be dealt with as opposed to just political issues. I think the trick is figuring out how do we structure government systems that pool resources and hence facilitate some redistribution because I actually believe in redistribution, at least at a certain level to make sure everybody's got a shot."
Tags: Barack Obama, Drudge Report, Matt Drudge, Money, Reince Priebus
First, a number of Republican gave speeches. Then, Chris Christie gave the same speech, but louder, and while imagining the audience as a bunch of unionized school teachers in their underwear (because he had taken their pants, alongside their lunch money). The day drew to a close with a performance by Three Doors Down, because torture is still a part of the GOP platform.
Here's what else you may have missed from all the evening's events…
Number of times Chris Christie mentioned Mitt Romney: 7
Number of times Christie mentioned himself: 37
Number of Republicans besides Christie who are happy about this: 0.
Tags: Chris Christie, John Boehner, Kelly Ayotte, Marsha Blackburn, Reince Priebus, Republican National Convention, Rick Santorum, Ted Cruz