"It was one of the worst decisions in the history of the country, and it's the only decision I can remember that the average citizen knows about. They know something's wrong, and this whole thing's going to collapse." – Russ Feingold on the Supreme Court's Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission decision
Jon Stewart's interview with Sen. Feingold continues after the jump.
The Daily Show airs Monday through Thursday at 11/10c.
Tags: Citizens United v. FEC, Jon Stewart, Russ Feingold, Senate, Super PACs, The Daily Show, Video, Wisconsin
* Traders in the Windy City are responding to Occupy Chicago with their own equally populist message.
* Russ Feingold saying that Occupy Wall Street makes "the Tea Party look like a tea party" makes Russ Feingold look like Russ Feingold. Whatever that means.
* Looks like Democrats might finally be rallying together in righteous opposition to Democrats.
* Tennessee Republicans have managed to save democracy once again by rooting out yet another nefarious fraudulent voter.
* Sarah Palin was apparently the model for "a mentally ill vice president who suffers in complete isolation" character in a new book, proving definitively that the partial-term governor can in fact be described as "inspirational."
Photo by USAanon/"T"/OccupyChicago
Tags: Books, Chicago, Democrats, Illinois, Occupy Wall Street, Pork Barrel, Protesters, Republicans, Russ Feingold, Sarah Palin, Tea Party, Tennessee, Voter Suppression
Why is former Wisconsin Sen. Russ Feingold so prejudiced against corporations and their limitless clandestine campaign contributions? It's almost as if he doesn't even think they're real people…
The Colbert Report airs Monday through Thursday at 11:30/10:30c.
Tags: Colbert Super PAC, Corporations, Judiciary, Money, Russ Feingold, Senate, Stephen Colbert, Supreme Court, The Colbert Report, Video, Wisconsin
Anything can happen on live TV, and Jon and Stephen's Midterm Teapartyganza was no different. Who will ever forget Aasif Mandvi's nude report from Washington D.C.? Or John Oliver and Jason Jones repeatedly shouting "f**k the FCC" while suspended from that ceiling fan? Or Samantha Bee straight up murdering that dude?
None of that happened, of course, but what did happen were the following quotes about last night's Democratic mega-massacre. You should read them until your brain explodes from being amused.
"John Boehner will be the new Speaker of the House. It is the highest elected office ever to be reached by an Orange-American." – Olivia Munn
14 more quotes after the jump…
Tags: Aasif Mandvi, Alaska, David Vitter, Jason Jones, Joe Manchin, John Boehner, John Oliver, Jon Stewart, Kentucky, Midterms, Nancy Grace, Olivia Munn, Rand Paul, Russ Feingold, Samantha Bee, Senate, Stephen Colbert, The Colbert Report, The Daily Show, West Virginia