* According to the latest estimates, seven Republicans are not running for president in 2016. (And three of them are Mitt Romney.)
* If you're hoping that Sarah Palin will jump into the race, you're not alone.
* Joe Scarborough is about as good at making apologies as he is at understanding math.
* According to Pat Robertson, the atheists are coming to steal Christmas. Bummer. I hope they let us keep Thanksgiving, though. I already have my turkey brining.
* Hey, so, what's it take to get a spot on the House Science Committee? I mean, besides a complete lack of understanding of science?
* Even more proof that beer is the solution to all of life's problems.
* Download our free iPhone and iPad app Indecision Election Companion and join the the Peanut Gallery — our liveblog/instant reaction arena — to watch and respond as documentarian Ken Burns joins MSNBC's Meet the Press this Sunday at 10:30 am.
Photo by Royce Bair/Flickr/Getty Images
Tags: 2016, Atheists, Christmas, Climate Change, House of Representatives, Joe Scarborough, Sarah Palin, Science & Technology, War on Christmas
The latest average of national polls gives Barack Obama a .4% lead, while swing state polls from Ohio to Virginia put the president in a strong position to win the electoral college.
Nevertheless, there was always hope for Mitt Romney. State polls, which Nate Silver alchemizes into a prediction using a magical formula known as "finding the mean," may well be overestimating the Democratic share of the electorate. Others argue that polls tend to overestimate the performance of incumbent presidents.
But it's hard to see how Mitt Romney recovers from something he has managed to avoid all these months: a Sarah Palin Facebook endorsement…
Tags: Facebook, Mitt Romney, Sarah Palin
John McCain on Joe Biden…
"Personally, Joe Biden and I have been friends for many, many years. I enjoy his company. He's a very good guy, personally. So it's not as if I — but honest to God, he still is a heartbeat away from the presidency and when some of the things he says, you know, you're slack-jawed."
Haha, good point, Senator. Though, to be fair, Sarah Palin was not available for V.P. position this year, so everybody just had to work with what was available.
Tags: Joe Biden, John McCain, Quote Unquote, Sarah Palin
Lots of people are talking about last night's presidential debate. Like, a lot of people! Almost as though this were an important thing. Anyway, here's my submission for the ten best…
"I've been watching presidential debates for quite a few years, but I have never seen one like this. It wasn’t a TKO, it was a knockout." - John Hinderaker
I'm not 100 percent clear on who John Hinderaker is, but he's been watching presidential debates for quite a few years, so I have no reason to doubt his expertise in these matters.
Hey, does anybody know if Sarah Palin has an opinion? I'll bet she does…
Tags: Al Gore, Barack Obama, Bill Maher, Chris Matthews, Chuck Grassley, Debates, Lewis Black, Mitt Romney, MSNBC, Nerdiness, Quote Unquote, Rupert Murdoch, Sarah Palin