* Mark Fiore's new cartoon about Obama's drone justifications.
* Joe Biden must be in the pocket of big shotgun.
* Five countries that are secretly badass.
* An award-winning animated short film on how fast Earth spins beneath us.
* The Los Angeles Review of Books makes a prediction about Nate Silver. See how it feels, buddy.
Tags: Barack Obama, California, Conan O'Brien, Daily Links, Drones, Guns, Joe Biden, Mark Fiore, Nate Silver, Science & Technology, The New Yorker
* Check out this recently unearthed fossil of Reggie Watts on Bill Nye the Science Guy.
* This New Yorker cartoon describes a person we all know.
* Mocking America's counterculture has a long and wonderful history.
* How does one go about becoming a Pope? Watch and learn.
* The Kojo Nimadi Show discusses the state of the Supreme Court.
* What sort of sex nastiness was your favorite president into?
* A gay man is confronted by an anti-gay preacher on the subway and this happens.
* Robots are taking all our jobs, even the fun ones where you get to talk to Fred Armisen.
Tags: Daily Links, Evolution, Funny or Die, Pope Benedict XVI, Science & Technology, Supreme Court, The New Yorker
Because it's a day that ends in Y, some state legislature is beclowning itself with an ill-informed debate about science and religion in the classroom. Today, it's the Oklahoma House of Representatives' turn, as it reviews the proposed "Scientific Education and Academic Freedom Act."
That certainly sounds scientific. And educational. And very, very freedomy.
Tags: Church v. State, Creationism, Education, Evolution, Oklahoma, Religion, Republicans, Science & Technology, State Legislature
* Guy Branum tells homophobic 49ers to go play for Pittsburgh.
* A behind-the-scenes look at Kid President.
* Amazing underground lake in Guilin, China.
* God Made A Factory Farmer, via Funny or Die.
* I could watch gifs made from nature shows all day.
* The inspiring legacy of Teddy Roosevelt's stuffed namesake.
* As George W. Bush already well knows, everybody is a critic.
* A New Yorker article on getting older in America's youth culture.
* If you prick this bionic robot man, does he not bleed WTF HE DOES?!
Tags: China, Downton Abbey, Funny or Die, George W. Bush, God, LGBT, Nazis, Quentin Tarantino, San Francisco, Sara Schaefer, Science & Technology, Sports, Super Bowl, Teddy Roosevelt, The New Yorker, W. Kamau Bell
* For Black History Month, Black superheroes talk about their struggles.
* Jimmy Fallon's "Downton Sixbey."
* Yolo: An oral history of an awful phrase.
* U.S. females need to step up the science.
* Schoolhouse Rock sings about ungrammatical stuff.
* This Sacramento Bee editorial is seriously messing with Texas.
* Twitter has a new hashtag game: #ReplaceSongTitlesWithDrone.
* Conan O'Brien's heckler Eddie Pepitone has Post Office questions.
* A map of all the vaguely or explicitly rude-sounding place names in the world.
* The Post Office's potential for "clandestine communication" was a scary prospect, at one time.
Tags: Black History Month, California, Daily Links, Drones, Education, Geography, Post Office, Racism, Rick Perry, Science & Technology, Taxes, Texas, Women's Rights