* Neil deGrasse Tyson knows everything about Gods, too.
* Friday is a great day to watch goats yelling like people.
* Inside the military strategy of The Empire Strikes Back.
* An argument for naturalization, from our own River Clegg.
* Universal health care and their Parliament debates zombies?
* Fictional presidents that actually sound pretty good nowadays.
* Jeopardy boss and funny person Ken Jenning's weekly news quiz.
* The Dana Gould Hour has two Boston guys talking politics (not Affleck and Damon).
Popular Internet web-log Slate is known for its politics reporter/youthful dreamboat Dave Weigel, and for adhering to a strict editorial policy of being contrarian about absolutely everything. This is a website that once ran a piece entitled "Creed Is Good," for god's sake.
But today, Slate, today you have gone too far.
Katy Waldman writes, under the headline "Grapefruit Is Disgusting":
Grapefruit is unwieldy, disgusting, and in some cases dangerous to eat. It is indisputably the worst fruit anyone has ever put on a plate. [...] It belongs in the trashcan.
So please, if you were even remotely thinking about shipping a box of grapefruit to someone you love for the holidays, kindly desist.
This is wrong. And it when the mainstream media gets it wrong, either about WMDs or grapefruits, it is our duty as citizens to tell the truth.
Tags: Food, Slate
* The Mitt Romney boys try to solve the mystery of unions.
* Slate reminds us how we ended up with Romney.
* Paul Ryan as an advertising tool.
* Behind the scenes at Romney's debate prep.
* The Simpsons pokes fun at Mitt Romney, but subtly.
* The Onion is tired of taking on contemporary politics.
* Here's a handy tool to help you pick your politics.
* This explains a lot about the Romney campaign.
* The Postal Service is still releasing stamps, in case anyone cares.
* If he only had a heart right now, we might all be worried about it.
* Mitt Romney can get the black vote, from Funny or Die (NSFW).
Tags: Daily Links, Debates, Herman Cain, Huffington Post, Joe Biden, Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum, Slate, The Onion, Unions, Video Games
* Jimmy Kimmel's unnecessary censorship is the best kind. NSFW.
* The "I Hope Rick Santorum…" Tumblr account.
* Who said it: Kanye West or Newt Gingrich? The answers won't surprise you.
* The comedian who ruined Mitt Romney's weekend, from Slate.
* What's the best part of the primary season? Making new friends, says The Onion.
* Newt Gingrich is not very "Jonathan Swift" when it comes to satire.
Tags: Daily Links, Jimmy Kimmel, Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich, Primaries, Racism, Rick Santorum, Slate, The Onion
Slate's John Dickerson after having his own inquisitive comments scrubbed from amongst the many other comments on Sarah Palin's Facebook page…
"It's the first time I've been kicked out of a place of worship."
What does he expect? He violated the most important commandment.
Tags: Facebook, Quote Unquote, Sarah Palin, Slate