The first rule of Rep. Peter King (R-NY) Fight Club is that you never stop talking about Peter King Fight Club. "Boxing is good self-defense," said King after his bout with former New York kickboxing champion Josh Foley. "Being in the public light, you never know when you might need it."
The second rule of Peter King Fight Club is that you commit a minor ethics violation when you join Peter King Fight Club. (The watchdog organization CREW criticized King for favoring one local business over others when participating in charity boxing events.)
The third rule of Peter King Fight Club: once you see Peter King in boxing shorts, you can never unsee it.
Tags: Peter King, Sports
Still reeling from a campaign in which both candidates limited media access and refused to answer hard-hitting questions like "What about your gaffes?", the political press has come to realize that the president won't even answer questions such as "What about your golfs?"
The White House did not allow pool reporters to cover Barack Obama's weekend outing with Tiger Woods, prompting White House Correspondents Association's Ed Henry to issue a statement saying, "a broad cross section of our members from print, radio, online and TV have today expressed extreme frustration to me about having absolutely no access to the President of the United States this entire weekend."
The only people having a more sub-par day than the media were Fox Nation commenters:
Tags: Barack Obama, Fox News, Golf, Media, Sports, Tiger Woods
* Matt Damon wants to know how you celebrated World Toilet Day.
* If you build it, Pope John Paul II will come.
* How drunk did President Obama get you last night?
* Conan O'Brien and Andy Richter take on Team Nerdist.
* If you've ever been called a sea slug in bed, it wasn't an insult.
* Comedy Central's new show Nathan for You is for you. No… just you.
* Joe Biden and Bradley Cooper raise awareness for incredibly white teeth.
* This wasn't an isolated incident. Marco Rubio has had other encounters with water.
Tags: Barack Obama, Comedy Central, Conan O'Brien, Daily Links, Joe Biden, John McCain, Marco Rubio, Matt Damon, Pope John Paul II, Sports, State of the Union, Vatican
* Guy Branum tells homophobic 49ers to go play for Pittsburgh.
* A behind-the-scenes look at Kid President.
* Amazing underground lake in Guilin, China.
* God Made A Factory Farmer, via Funny or Die.
* I could watch gifs made from nature shows all day.
* The inspiring legacy of Teddy Roosevelt's stuffed namesake.
* As George W. Bush already well knows, everybody is a critic.
* A New Yorker article on getting older in America's youth culture.
* If you prick this bionic robot man, does he not bleed WTF HE DOES?!
Tags: China, Downton Abbey, Funny or Die, George W. Bush, God, LGBT, Nazis, Quentin Tarantino, San Francisco, Sara Schaefer, Science & Technology, Sports, Super Bowl, Teddy Roosevelt, The New Yorker, W. Kamau Bell