* Poor, poor Jon Huntsman. He has a debilitating case of believes in science.
* Sarah Palin has a "fire in [her] belly" for the 2012 election. Not sure what that means, but it's got to help her poll numbers better than when Bristol had a "baby in her belly" for the 2008 election.
Tags: Bristol Palin, George Takei, Jon Huntsman, LGBT, Music, Newt Gingrich, Pork Barrel, Primaries, Republicans, Sarah Palin, Science & Technology, Star Trek, Tennessee
From The CC Insider…
As any true Futurama super-fan (or Parrothead) knows, the show has never shied away from controversial topics. After all, when no one else would even consider touching the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle, Futurama was all over it. Same goes for robosexual marriage, which they address in this week's new episode. And, in the event that doesn't get your nerd juices flowing enough (yuck, nerd juices), oh look, it's George Takei!
Futurama airs Thursdays at 10pm / 9c.
Tags: Futurama, LGBT, Marriage Equality, Robots Are Dope!, Star Trek
Isn't it bad enough that the U.S. Census is an un-American, authoritarian, Orwellian, socialist ploy to deliver all your important name-and-date-of-birth-formation right into Comrade Obama's clutches?
Did they really have to make it a gay un-American, authoritarian, Orwellian, socialist ploy to deliver all your important name-and-date-of-birth-formation right into Comrade Obama's clutches?
This ad, I'm certain, will be hugely effective with the ginormous gay nerd demographic.
(via Balloon Juice)
Tags: Census, LGBT, Marriage Equality, Star Trek
With Star Trek: The Original Series, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: Voyager and even that crappy Enterprise show on DVD, Trek fans don't have much time to venture into, much less pay attention to, the outside world. With that in mind, here is a list of things for Trekkies to remember when they don their Spock ears and head out to participate in the democracy ritual on Election Day:
* Federation club "rank" will not get you any special treatment at the polling place.
* You may not sign in with the registrar in Klingon.
* Comparing Barack Obama to Mr. Tuvok makes you an intergalactic racist.
* Do not ask the voting official to make the "swoosh" sound when you enter the booth.
* The chances of being split in two due to a "voting booth accident" are extremely slim.
* Scott Bakula is not a good write-in for any spot on any ticket.
* Joe Biden is running for Vice President, not "Number One."
* Sarah Palin is the Borg Queen.
* You cannot vote to allow Vulcans to mate more often.
* Do not say "Make it so!" out loud when you're done voting.
Tags: Barack Obama, Joe Biden, Sarah Palin, Star Trek