The Dow Jones closed at a record high yesterday. Wall Street bonuses are up. And get this: after six years of searching in vain for a government job, Mitt Romney finally found a place in the private sector. America, we are back, baby!
Romney will be working for his eldest son, Tagg, at the investment firm Solamere Capital. Yep, working for his own kid. A man with a six-year gap on his resume probably isn't going to find work in the wanted ads, so, you take what you can get.
A person with knowledge of the deal tells NBC that Romney is planning to work with Solamere for one week a month.
Sure, it's been a while since Romney has been in the finance game, but starting him off as a week-a-month temp is just cruel.
Photo by Nicholas Kamm/AFP/GettyImages/Getty Images
Tags: Mitt Romney, Tagg Romney
Now that Scott Brown (R-MA) has bqwacked out of a quick return to the U.S. Senate, rumors are swirling that Tagg Romney may be the answer to the Massachusetts GOP's prayers–unless those prayers involve actually winning a Senate seat, in which case Tagg is probably not the answer, even though he may be a perfect candidate in other regards:
Tags: Massachusetts, Mitt Romney, Republicans, Scott Brown, Senate, Tagg Romney
In a year marked by giant egos striding across the national stage, one man stood out for not standing out at all, if he even showed up in the first place. His family was subjected to the sort of scrutiny that only befalls presidential candidates and Lindsay Lohan, yet he remained a mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in shiny teeth. For that, Ben Romney, you are Comedy Central's Indecision's Person of the Year.
What more can we say about this majestic, unknowable creature?
Tags: Ann Romney, Ben Romney, Craig Romney, Josh Romney, Matt Romney, Mitt Romney, Republicans, Tagg Romney
* "Oh Mitt!" is a show about a lovable alien trying to live with humans.
* …Also: the Pope wears a funny hat.
* Do you still <3 NY? Here's one way to show it.
* The absentee ballot application, from McSweeney's.
* Somebody charted the reasons some people won't vote.
* Shooting down the walls of politics, Comedy Bang Bang!
* The Romney boys are cracking the case this election eve.
* Talking to your lover about politics, a helpful how-to guide.
* At least one undecided voter is finally decided, from the Onion.
* Barack O's Tacos, featuring Clownvis Presley. Need anyone say more?
Tags: Daily Links, David Letterman, Matt Romney, Mitt Romney, Tagg Romney, The Onion, Voter Suppression