* Examiner.com's Dean Chambers lays out a pretty convincing argument that a Mitt Romney landslide victory is "possible." Assuming Romney wins every state in which Obama is currently polling under 50.1, he'd clean up with 353 electoral votes to Obama's 185. Not even close! However, I personally discovered that if every voter in every state that has an "e" in its name casts a write-in vote for former Hollywood Squares center square Paul Lynde, we might just be seeing out first dead gay president in November.
* Kansas' birther Secretary of State Kris Kobach seems to be signaling that Barack Obama may be getting pulled off his state's ballot due to an insufficient number of birth certificates. Losing the 6 electoral votes provided by Kansas — where the President is only trailing Romney by 15% — could prove to be a devastating blow to his re-election math (which incidentally is, I think, illegal in Kansas).
* Obama tried to sneak some pretty unsavory racial junk into a new Spanish language ad. I think maybe he forgot that some people do genuinely speak Spanish.
* It may seem odd that, until today, nobody realized that former Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm was a "cute and curvaceous" guest on The Dating Game back in 1978. But you've got to take into account that almost nobody realized she was governor of Michigan from 2003 to 2011. She kinda just flies under the radar.
* Download our free iPhone and iPad app Indecision Election Companion and jump up into the the Peanut Gallery — our liveblog/instant reaction arena — to watch and respond with us as Sen. John McCain discusses the ongoing turbulence in the Middle East on CBS's Face the Nation this Sunday morning.
Tags: Barack Obama, Birthers, Jennifer Granholm, John McCain, Kansas, Michigan, Mitt Romney, Pork Barrel, Television
According to Nielsen, TLC's Here Comes Honey Boo Boo received more viewers in the 18-49 demographic than any given cable or broadcast network covering Wednesday night of the Republican National Convention.
But is that show's dialogue any more destructive and exploitative of class-ist stereotypes than folksier-than-thou political rhetoric? See if you can identify each quote as coming from Here Comes Honey Boo Boo or a prominent figure in American politics…
1. "I've had roadkill that tasted better than that."
2. "We got a connection to deer because we love to get roadkill, and we like to clean it, grind it up, process it, put it in the freezer, and on the weekends grill out and have a good time."
3. "A manly man don't want it piled high with vegetables! He would call that a sissy pizza."
Tags: Games and Challenges, Media, Republican National Convention, Television
David Simon — writer/producer of The Wire and Treme — on Mitt Romney's declaration that he has never paid under 13 percent in taxes…
"Can we stand back and pause a short minute to take in the spectacle of a man who wants to be President of the United States, who wants us to seriously regard him as a paragon of the American civic ideal, declaiming proudly and in public that he has paid his taxes at a third of the rate normally associated with gentlemen of his economic benefit. Stunning."
I know! I'm sure he offended a good number of conservative supporters with that stunningly high number. I mean, seriously, what kind of amateur tax lawyers is he employing?!
Tags: Mitt Romney, Taxes, Television
Say what you will about this Funny or Die clip of MTV's Jersey Shore cast talking politics, but it's about the level of discourse you'll find on Fox News Sunday. And the acting is maybe a little more believable…
In case you're not yet registered to vote — no judgement, maybe you've just been busy these past several years fighting off dinosaurs on a remote tropical island, keeping a bus from falling below the speed of 50 mph or something else equally valid — you can get registered right now with MTV's Power of 12 voter registration tool.
Tags: MTV, New Jersey, Television
* Mitt and Ann Romney are apparently big fans of BBC's Downton Abbey, which is cool but not shocking. It's always nice to see how the less fortunate live.
* CNN explains how America ends.
* Still looking for the proper venue for your play "Long Day's Journey to the Right"? Need an audience that's sophisticated enough to appreciate your masterwork "The Taxman Cometh"? Want to get some receptive eyeballs on "Much Agnew About Nothing"? Have I got news for you! Philadelphia's Republican Theater Festival 2012 has sent out a call for submissions. Get yours in today!
* Download the Indecision Election Companion, our free app for your iPhone and iPad, and climb up into the the Peanut Gallery — our liveblog/instant reaction arena — to watch and respond as Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia spreads his hippy peacelovedope message all over Fox News Sunday on Fox News this Sunday at 10/9c.
Tags: Ann Romney, Mitt Romney, Television, United Kingdom