Tomorrow marks the one year birthday of Osama bin Laden's death, and to celebrate everybody has decided to go crazy and make stupid unfalsifiable accusations at one another and drive down deeper the wedge between left and right America. Because that's how Osama bin Laden would have wanted it.
In a campaign video, Barack Obama and Bill Clinton teamed up to remind you that Obama killed bin Laden. He killed him real good. He killed him pretty much to death! Oh, and that Mitt Romney would have let him live. And bought him some ice cream probably…
I don't know about this ad. It seems kind of unfair to present Mitt Romney statements as though they in any way reflected the things that Mitt Romney believes. Even Arianna Huffington called the ad "despicable" which is really bad. Or really complimentary. Possibly both?
Obviously, Romney could not let a slight like this go unanswered, so he pulled off one of his silken gloves and slapped Obama across the face with this statement…
Tags: al Qaeda, Barack Obama, Mitt Romney, Osama bin Laden, Terrorism
* The 2016 Democratic primaries are really heating up. Seems later than I would have thought.
* Listen to Indecision editorial producer Mary Phillips-Sandy on WNYC's Brian Lehrer Show from this morning. Wow! She actually kind of makes us sound like we know what we're talking about.
* Also check her out on the Polioptics show on SiriusXM Satellite Radio "POTUS" Channel 124 at either 6am / 5c, 12pm/11c or 6pm / 5c.
* And don't forget to join us on our Election Companion App for iPad and iPhone as we liveblog House Speaker John Boehner's appearance on State of the Union, 9am/ 8c (and then again at noon) on CNN. The Speaker is likely to be pricklier than a hedgehog at a junky convention.
Tags: al Qaeda, Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, Military, Osama bin Laden, Pork Barrel, Terrorism
Jeeze. Karl Rove sure a hard guy to impress. What do you have to do — short of starting two wars and decimating your country's good-standing in the world — to get this guy to admit you achieved anything of note?
"As for the killing of Osama bin Laden, Mr. Obama did what virtually any commander in chief would have done in the same situation.
"Even President Bill Clinton says in the film "that's the call I would have made." For this to be portrayed as the epic achievement of the first term tells you how bare the White House cupboards are."*
Well, not any commander in chief.
* Let's ignore that that's a misquoting and misrepresentation of Bill Clinton, because, really, it's closer to a truthful statement than the inventor os Karl Rove's secret math has made in months.
Photo by Tom Pennington/Getty Images News/Getty Images
Tags: al Qaeda, Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, George Bush, Karl Rove, Military, Mitt Romney, Osama bin Laden, Terrorism
The Colbert Report airs Monday through Thursday at 11:30/10:30c.
Tags: al Qaeda, Anwar al-Awlaki, Department of Justice, Eric Holder, Judiciary, Obama Administration, Stephen Colbert, Supreme Court, Terrorism, The Colbert Report, Video, Yemen
Though there are not many who remember, a few still speak of a mythical time, a moment shrouded in the mists of forgetfulness and the veil of legend.
A time known as just four damn years ago, when progressives spoke of the civil rights abuses of the Bush administration as a stain on the Constitution and Barack Obama said we would "reject as false the choice between our safety and our ideals." Which a majority of his supporters have interpreted as rejecting the "false choice" between principle and undying allegiance to their party's leader…
The sharpest edges of President Obama's counterterrorism policy, including the use of drone aircraft to kill suspected terrorists abroad and keeping open the military prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, have broad public support, including from the left wing of the Democratic Party…
Tags: Barack Obama, Democrats, Foreign Policy, Guantanamo Bay, Liberals, Polls, Terrorism