* Saturday Night Live explains the budget cuts with disco.
* It probably took a village to build Abraham Lincoln's log cabin.
* John Oliver's "The Bugle" podcast covers Mali, the Pope and Mars.
* The next time John Boehner gets mouthy, Joe Biden should pull this prank.
* The Suffrage Parade of 1913 is 100 years old today and still looks amazing.
* The great new idea to shout at people online who have different opinions than you do.
* A hidden camera show goes to Texas to see how a red state stands up to intolerance.
* NASA brags about how it has the largest indoor pool in the world. Suck it, Donald Trump!
Tags: Abraham Lincoln, Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, Budget, Daily Links, John Oliver, LGBT, Marriage Equality, NASA, Pope Benedict XVI, Sequester, Texas, Women's Rights
* For Black History Month, Black superheroes talk about their struggles.
* Jimmy Fallon's "Downton Sixbey."
* Yolo: An oral history of an awful phrase.
* U.S. females need to step up the science.
* Schoolhouse Rock sings about ungrammatical stuff.
* This Sacramento Bee editorial is seriously messing with Texas.
* Twitter has a new hashtag game: #ReplaceSongTitlesWithDrone.
* Conan O'Brien's heckler Eddie Pepitone has Post Office questions.
* A map of all the vaguely or explicitly rude-sounding place names in the world.
* The Post Office's potential for "clandestine communication" was a scary prospect, at one time.
Tags: Black History Month, California, Daily Links, Drones, Education, Geography, Post Office, Racism, Rick Perry, Science & Technology, Taxes, Texas, Women's Rights
* Jodie Foster is an inspiration to everyone who is confusing.
* Yeah. There's an inauguration app.
* Bad Lip Reading is getting into sports.
* Martin Luther King was a righteous nerd.
* You'll watch this once, and then 20 more times today.
* David Brooks teaches and gets and lesson in humility.
* Recently discovered photographs of the Russian Revolution.
* Tim Heideker shows us how President Obama will get the flu.
* Each course of this week's Dinner Party is more amazing than the last.
Tags: Communism, Daily Links, David Brooks, Energy & Oil, Guns, Jodie Foster, LGBT, Martin Luther King, NRA, Russia, Sports, Star Trek, Texas, The Atlantic, Tim Heidecker
In which we take a look back at the departing federal lawmakers we'll miss most in 2013.
Name: Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX)
Leaving Congress Because: Retiring
Best Known For: Delivering thousands of babies, teaching thousands of Americans the correct pronunciation of 'Ayn Rand'
Memorable Quote: "When the New Money is imposed, every American family must have a Survival Kit of highly liquid, small-denomination silver and gold coins for hand-to-hand use. The Ron Paul Survival Kit – now an industry standard – comes in an official World War II US Army ammo holder." -Ad for The Original Famous Ron Paul Survival Kit
Why We'll Miss Him: Because we don't know what will fill the void of his fans' YouTube comments.
What He's Doing Next: Going on the speaking circuit and charging $50,000 per gig, or about 500 gold teeth.
What the Future Holds for Him: Working with Dennis Kucinich to oppose the use of unmanned military aircraft in The Elves of the Hill vs. The Attack of The Drones. Generating weird search traffic to websites. Maybe taking a nap. Ron Paul could probably use a nap.
Photo by Andrew Burton/Getty Images News/Getty Images
What's Next for Ron Paul?
Tags: House of Representatives, Republicans, Ron Paul, Texas