* John Boehner's primary challenged David Lewis states the obvious: "John Boehner is a socialist." ("Socialist" is a generic term meaning someone I don't much care for, right? Yeah, I thought so.)
* Hey, since we've already lost the last four years to crippling bottomless recession due to the failings of unregulated capitalism, hey, why not just throw the rest of our lives down that well, too.
* Andrew Breitbart to Tea Partiers: "We outnumber [liberals] in this country, and we have the guns." Not sure about the numbers, but they definitely have the guns. And the heart medication; don't forget that.
* The deification of Ronald Reagan continues apace.
* The Daily Show's head writer thanked Glenn Beck after winning an Emmy, as well he should have!
* Glad to see Paul Krugman's singing career going so well.
Photo by Saul Loeb/AFP/Getty Images
Tags: Andrew Breitbart, Glenn Beck, Guns, John Boehner, Lindsey Graham, Music, Paul Krugman, Pork Barrel, Ronald Reagan, Social Security, TDS Writers, Tea Party, The Daily Show, The Emmys
Two Emmys walk into a bar. The first Emmy says, "I'm for Outstanding Writing for a Variety, Music or Comedy Series." It drinks a couple beers and goes home with The Daily Show's writers. The second Emmy says, "I'm for Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy Series." It drinks a couple gin and tonics and goes home with Jon Stewart, The Daily Show producers and everyone involved with making a fantastic fake-news show happen.
The bartender shakes his head and says, "That's a ridiculous way to congratulate people for winning television's top honor. Why don't we just watch some of The Daily Show's best clips from the past year?" You got it, barkeep.
More clips after the jump.
The Daily Show returns tomorrow with all-new episodes, Monday through Thursday at 11/10c.!
Tags: Jon Stewart, The Daily Show, The Emmys, Video
What could be better than a series of exclusive online videos in which The Daily Show correspondents explain complex political issues somewhat accurately?
How about an Emmy Award-winning series of exclusive online videos in which The Daily Show correspondents explain complex political issues somewhat accurately?
Over the weekend The Daily Show's "Correspondents Explain" web series won an Emmy for "Best Special-Class Short Format Live-Action Entertainment Program," which is showbiz-speak for "videos on the Internet." However you say it, we're thrilled. In case you missed them, here are some of our favorite Correspondents Explain reports from this year.
More after the jump.
Tags: TDS Correspondents Explain, The Emmys, Video
All the fun and hilarity of listening to NPR plus all the fun and hilarity of something actually fun and hilarious…
Former GOP chairman Ken Mehlman came out of the closet: this is old news to anyone who was smart enough to play the award-winning film MILK backwards through their VCR.
Glenn Beck's 'restoring honor' rally served as the perfect reminder that amidst confusing diversity and unsettling social complexities, at least we can all agree on one thing: God roolz.
More Tworld News after the jump…
Tags: 8/28 Rally, Arizona, Bristol Palin, Cocaine, Drugs, Energy & Oil, France, Glenn Beck, Gulf Coast, Haggard's Law, Iran, Iraq, John McCain, Ken Mehlman, LGBT, Paris Hilton, Primaries, Republicans, Senate, The Emmys, Tworld News, United Nations