* Da fwiscaw cwiff is soooooooo cute.
* North Korea gets the news wrong again.
* While The Onion, as usual, gets it right again.
* For those of you who don't have snow or any music ability.
* And so this is no longer Christmas, and what have we done?
* Makes you want to invite drunk Boris Yeltsin over for holiday dinner.
* Did you know Christopher Nolan is directing Obama's presidency too?
* The most fascinating discoveries of evolution this year. No, really. We've evolved.
* Finally, a gift for the person who has everything (I'm assuming you hate them, too).
Time Magazine just unveiled its 2012 Person of the Year/Person Most Likely to Improve Magazine Sales — and it's an actual person! In fact, it's President Barack Obama, who joins 12 others who have been honored twice.
The feature story explained that Obama's November re-election gave Time no choice but to grant the president America's most snarked-about honor…
The Obama effect was not ephemeral anymore, no longer reducible to what had once been mocked as "that hopey-changey stuff." It could be measured — in wars stopped and started; industries saved, restructured or reregulated; tax cuts extended; debt levels inflated; terrorists killed; the health-insurance system reimagined; and gay service members who could walk in uniform with their partners…America debated and decided this year: history would not record Obama's presidency as a fluke.
America may have "debated and decided," but Obama's not the only guy who can win an election. In a separate Time web-poll, the people's choice for Person of the Year went to North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un.
In other news, turns out there's still a Time Magazine.
Photo by Kristoffer Tripplaar-Pool/Getty Images News/Getty Images
Tags: Barack Obama, Kim Jong-un, Time Magazine
Rush Limbaugh on Sanda Fluke being named as a finalist for Time Magazine's Person of the Year…
"It's not something I'm proud of here, folks, I must be blatantly honest. Nobody would know who she is if it weren't for me. If anybody is going to be named Person of the Year on that basis, it ought to be me!"
I think this is one point on which he and a lot of liberals would agree. You've got to admit, very few people have done more to further the progressive cause than Rush Limbaugh.
Tags: Quote Unquote, Rush Limbaugh, Sandra Fluke, Time Magazine
Stephen Colbert during his Time 100 acceptance speech…
"By the way, if David Koch likes his waiter tonight, he will be your next congressman."
The whole thing is worth reading.
(via Comedy Centrl's Tumblr)
Tags: David Koch, Quote Unquote, Stephen Colbert, Time Magazine