Vice Presidents are great for providing balance in an administration. For example, Barack Obama has spent this week successfully reassuring the country that there's no need to panic over swine flu. And just so the message from The White House doesn't appear too one-sided, VP Joe Biden went on TV today and basically told all Americans to hide out alone in the forest and live off their own urine until further notice.
“I would tell members of my family — and I have — I wouldn’t go anywhere in confined places now,” Biden said on NBC’s “Today” show.. “It’s not that it’s going to Mexico. It’s [that] you’re in a confined aircraft. When one person sneezes, it goes all the way through the aircraft. That’s me. …
“So, from my perspective, what it relates to is mitigation. If you’re out in the middle of a field when someone sneezes, that’s one thing. If you’re in a closed aircraft or closed container or closed car or closed classroom, it’s a different thing.”
As one might expect, the idea of crippling the airlines and subways didn't go over very well with Biden's handlers, so a "clarifying" statement was quickly released. I don't know, something about it being opposite day.
So, no need for alarm. As long as we don't fly to Mexico, we can all feel free to resume riding the subway and sneezing in each other's mouths.
Tags: Joe Biden, Politico, Swine Flu, Today Show
* NBC cancels Ann Coulter, ushers in period of unambiguous liberal pandering.
* What do you think "Saddlebacking" really means?
* Did JFK sleep with the fishes?
* Who's a funnier Senator: Roland Burris or Al Franken?
* Fickle New Yorkers want more out of senator than pretty genes.
* Chris Matthews' brother denies Chris Matthews will run for Senate, fueling speculation that Chris Matthews will run for Senate.
Tags: Al Franken, Ann Coulter, Caroline Kennedy, Chris Matthews, John Kennedy, MSNBC, NBC, Pork Barrel, Roland Burris, Senate, Today Show