* You've got to admit. Former RNC chair Michael Steele seems a lot less silly all of a sudden.
* One small business owner is doing his part to help fix Obama's devastatingly not-so-bad employment numbers.
* Why won't David Petraeus release the birth certificate of the person he was sleeping with?! I'm just asking questions, people!
* The leader of the Tea Party Express is suddenly against tossing around blame. Next thing you know, she's going to place a moratorium on Uncle Sam hats and unintentionally-ironic protest signs.
* Download our free iPhone and iPad app Indecision Election Companion and jump up into the the Peanut Gallery — our liveblog/instant reaction arena — to watch and respond as David Axelrod and Lindsey Graham discuss election results on CBS' Face the Nation this sunday at 10:30 am ET
Photo by Alex Wong/Getty Images News/Getty Images
Tags: Chelsea Clinton, David Petraeus, Michael Steele, Pork Barrel, Reince Priebus, RNC, Unemployment
* Oh, man! I wish we had an empty chair up there on stage Wednesday night. Just look at the charisma oozing from that empty chair. Besides, a chair sits. It doesn't just lie down.
* The actual truth behind Mitt Romney's handkerchief have finally been revealed!
* "You see! I told you! We've all been falling right into Obama's plans all along!" – your uncle who likes forwarding emails
* Rep. Paul Broun explains that evolution and the Big Bang are "lies straight from the pit of Hell," by which I'm pretty sure he means "a classroom."
* Download our free iPhone and iPad app Indecision Election Companion and jump up into the the Peanut Gallery — our liveblog/instant reaction arena — to watch and respond with us as we watch CNN's State of the Union Sunday morning at 9 am (EST).
Tags: Barack Obama, Debates, Evolution, Georgia, House of Representatives, Mitt Romney, New Yorker, Paul Broun, Pork Barrel, Science & Technology, Unemployment
Say goodbye to the "unemployment is over 8%" talking point and say hello to the "unemployment is nearly 8%" talking point. Such are the wages of the latest Non-Farm Payroll Report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
U.S. employers added 114,000 jobs in September and the unemployment rate fell to 7.8% thanks to revisions to the prior months' jobs reports. Sounds like a stroke of luck for the Obama administration or a feather in the cap for Ben Bernanke…or perhaps a sign of something more nefarious:
Unbelievable jobs numbers..these Chicago guys will do anything..can't debate so change numbers
— Jack Welch (@jack_welch) October 5, 2012
Of course! What we need is an Unskewed BLS report…
Tags: Department of Labor, Economy, Jack Welch, Unemployment