* SNL gets "hep" to Mitt Romney's campaign.
* Onion news flash: Santorum is not joking.
* Who said it: Mitt Romney or Mr. Burns? Turns out, it's hard to tell.
* This New Yorker cover is in the doghouse.
* Mike Seaver on Kirk Cameron's homophobic statements, from Funny or Die.
Tags: Daily Links, LGBT, Mad Magazine, Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum, The New Yorker, The Onion, Vladimir Putin
* It's the most wonderful time of the year for Gingrich/Grinch parodies.
* Newt Gingrich's Letter to Virginia… from McSweeney's
* Mr. Jokey McMittens Romney on Letterman.
* It's not just our politicians: Vladmir Putin wields an "iron stammer."
* Supervillain or Newt Gingrich? Play the game!
* Sacha Baron Cohen's Dictator releases Kim Jong Il statement.
Tags: Barack Obama, Christmas, Daily Links, David Letterman, Fox News, Funny or Die, Kim Jong Il, Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich, Vladimir Putin, War on Christmas
* This new Russian political ad does not shy away from the hard truths. Namely, that a vote for Vladimir Putin is a vote for casual poll sex with a hot piece of strange.
* Non-candidate Sarah Palin is unhappy with all the attention the lamestream media's been paying to non-non-candidate-related news. Isn't there something — or someone — else to which they could be paying attention?
* Rick Perry will most likely never win the presidency, but today he certainly wins the Internet.
* Not to mention an exalted place in history.
Photo by Scott Olson/Getty Images News/Getty Images
Tags: Debates, Primaries, Republicans, Rick Perry, Russia, Sarah Palin, Sex, Vladimir Putin
* Twist of Cain, from Bad Lip Reading.
* Putin on the Ritz, by Brad Jonas.
* American job creators, from The Onion.
* Anderson Cooper's Halloween costume.
* Funny or Die shows why Obama should grow his facial hair out for good luck until the election.
* American history visualized, via The Momentus Project.
* Sarah Silverman discusses Rick Perry and her aptly named NAACP comedy benefit.
* HAVE A HAPPY SATAN'S NIGHT, Pat Robertson! From Buzzfeed.
Tags: Anderson Cooper, Barack Obama, Daily Links, Economy, Funny or Die, Halloween, NAACP, Pat Robertson, Primaries, Rachel Maddow, Republicans, Rick Perry, Sarah Silverman, The Onion, Vladimir Putin
From The CC Insider…
Vladimir Putin is a lot of things: Russian Prime Minister, a red/white belt in Judo, a Libra, a tummy-smoocher, the list goes on. But one thing he apparently is not is a Futurama fan. According to The Moscow Times, Putin's choice for the mascot at the 2014 Olympics was a snowboarding leopard, which was chosen along with a ray of light, a snowflake, a bunny and a polar bear. Not among the mascots though, is Zoich, an Olympicized homage to Hypnotoad.
Eventually, the professional jury simply refused to include Zoich, whom designer Yegor Zhigun based on the character "Hypnotoad" from the U.S. cartoon series "Futurama," on the list of finalists. The decision was in line with selection rules but de-facto voided the purpose of online voting.
"Zoich was absolutely out of consideration," a source within the Russian Olympic Committee told The Moscow Times on Sunday. "It was very depressing."
"The mascot should symbolize Russia, but imagine the impression people around the world would have when they looked at this blue toad?" said the source, who asked not to be identified because she was not authorized to speak to the media.
I spoke to another source close to the matter who added, "ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD! ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD! ALL GLORY TO THE HYNOTOAD!"
Meanwhile, in former Soviet Russia, Hypnotoad disqualifies you from mascot competition.
Be sure to visit the official Futurama website for clips and upcoming air-times.
Tags: Futurama, Olympics, Russia, Sports, Vladimir Putin