Sarah Palin is coming out with a new book called A Happy Holiday IS a Merry Christmas. You betcha it'll be good, considering the author and the CAPITALIZATION in the title for EMPHASIS, the hallmark of all thoughtful literature.
Per Palin, "This will be a fun, festive, thought-provoking book, which will encourage all to see what is possible when we unite in defense of our faith and ignore the politically correct Scrooges who would rather take Christ out of Christmas."
HarperCollins announced the book will criticize the "over-commercialism" of Christmas and also that it will be available in November, just in time for the Christmas shopping season.
Photo by Paul Morigi/Getty Images Entertainment/Getty Images
Tags: Books, Christmas, Sarah Palin, War on Christmas
* Fox News loves wars, real or invented.
* The New Yorker's political cartoon of the day.
* John Boehner is really getting into political comedy.
* Another position paper from McSweeney's APMAG.
* Thankfully, "techno" is much easier to explain nowadays.
* An interview with Zach Kanin, creator of SNL's "Cool Drones."
* President Obama's liberal agenda includes bringing sexy back.
* How to preserve your Inauguration Day newspaper, you Luddite.
Tags: Boing Boing, Daily Links, Democrats, Drones, Energy & Oil, Fox News, John Boehner, Michelle Obama, Nick Offerman, Republicans, Roe v. Wade, Sara Bennicasa, SNL, Splitsider, The New Yorker, War on Christmas
* The leftovers have something to say…
* Django Unchained, Mel Brooks style.
* Scary Santas are the legitimate "War on Christmas."
* Santa hasn't always been nice, from College Humor.
* Boehner doesn't want his wife to try to solve the problem.
* Jesus Christ would've preferred a small gathering this year.
* What is there to learn from comedy documentaries, from Splitsider.
Tags: Christmas, Daily Links, John Boehner, The Onion, War on Christmas
* Da fwiscaw cwiff is soooooooo cute.
* North Korea gets the news wrong again.
* While The Onion, as usual, gets it right again.
* For those of you who don't have snow or any music ability.
* And so this is no longer Christmas, and what have we done?
* Makes you want to invite drunk Boris Yeltsin over for holiday dinner.
* Did you know Christopher Nolan is directing Obama's presidency too?
* The most fascinating discoveries of evolution this year. No, really. We've evolved.
* Finally, a gift for the person who has everything (I'm assuming you hate them, too).
A new study released by the National Intelligence Council claims that the United States–currently the world's #1 economic superpower–will fall to second place sometime before 2030, and that China will take the top spot.
National Intelligence Council? More like National Dumb-igence Council. China may have a growing middle class, but the United States has plenty of reasons why it will always be #1, in everything.
Here are 11 of them:
Tags: Alcohol, China, Christmas, Chuck Grassley, Food, Music, South Dakota, Television, War on Christmas