Seems like every year, signs of the holiday season's arrival show up earlier and earlier: "Baby, It's Cold Outside" playing on the radio. All your Facebook friends' status updates pointing out that "Baby, It's Cold Outside" is pretty rapey. The resigned "It's just a song" replies. All that used to wait until December.
As did the official Fox News commencement of War on Christmas coverage, which was once held in check until a ceasefire in the War on Thanksgiving…
Tags: California, Christmas, Fox News, War on Christmas
As you are no doubt aware, today is a certain Minnesota-Representative-turned-failed-presidential-candidate's 56th birthday. To celebrate, we've drawn up this list of the 56 best things about Michele Bachmann. Don't say we never do anything for you, M-Ba!
1. She enjoys corn dogs.
2. She also enjoys "noodles, cheeses, chicken and bacon."
3. She's tough on Iran and knows our imaginary embassy in Tehran should be relocated to Krypton or Atlantis.
4. There was that one time she dressed up like Princess Leia at a debate. That was awesome.
5. She gets all her facts about HPV vaccinations from random women she meets, unless they happen to be scientists.
Tags: Birthers, Food, Health Care, House of Representatives, Iowa Straw Poll, Iran, Marcus Bachmann, Michele Bachmann, Minnesota, Religion, Science & Technology, Tea Party, War on Christmas
* Sarah Palin wishes you and yours a very merrily-partisan joyously-divisive Christmas. (With no dogs.)
* Mitt Romney's thoughts on deporting Barack Obama's uncle are disappointingly reasonable-sounding. Somebody get a quote from Newt Gingrich, stat!
* Some awkward-looking guy named Newt Gingrich goes shopping. Or, I should say, bothers people while they shop.
* Not only does Michele Bachmann believe in Santa Claus, she believes Santa Claus has endorsed her for president.
Photo by Roberto Gonzalez/Getty Images News/Getty Images
Tags: Christmas, LGBT, Military, Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich, Pork Barrel, Primaries, Republicans, Sarah Palin, War on Christmas
* It's the most wonderful time of the year for Gingrich/Grinch parodies.
* Newt Gingrich's Letter to Virginia… from McSweeney's
* Mr. Jokey McMittens Romney on Letterman.
* It's not just our politicians: Vladmir Putin wields an "iron stammer."
* Supervillain or Newt Gingrich? Play the game!
* Sacha Baron Cohen's Dictator releases Kim Jong Il statement.
Tags: Barack Obama, Christmas, Daily Links, David Letterman, Fox News, Funny or Die, Kim Jong Il, Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich, Vladimir Putin, War on Christmas
* From Funny or Die, Santa/Rudolph Giuliani 2012?
* Loudon Wainwright III has a Newt song out!
* In memoriam: A look back at 2011's tyrant deaths.
* Here are some people who thought Lil' Kim died yesterday.
* From Buzzfeed, some amazing Kim Jong-Il facts.
* Groucho Marx's letter to U.S. troops.
Tags: Christmas, Daily Links, Groucho Marx, Kim Jong Il, Muammar Qaddafi, Newt Gingrich, Osama bin Laden, Primaries, Republicans, Saddam Hussein, Twitter, War on Christmas