Ah, the "Buffett Rule." Presumably it means something about taxes.* But depending on who you are, the Buffett Rule can mean very different things. If you're poor, you might like that it would raise taxes on people with salaries over $1 million. If you're rich, you might want to keep all that money, because MINE! MINE!!
Whoever you are, here's a list of ways you personally would be affected by the Buffett Rule. Get ready…
1. If you're a single mom: Are you earning less than a million dollars every year? You'll be fine.
2. If you're a single mom earning over a million dollars every year: Wow, awesome! You'll also be fine.
3. If you're Mitt Romney: Let's put it this way. Would you want to start paying twice as much as you are now?
Tags: Barack Obama, Economy, Mitt Romney, Taxes, Warren Buffett
* Team Coco shows how President Obama is faring without his teleprompter.
* Is that a presidential pick-up line in your pocket?
* Halloween costumes as scary as the real thing, from HuffPo Comedy.
* Funny or Die recaps last night's GOP yellfest.
* We live in a world where Jay-Z and Warren Buffet can make a children's cartoon.
* From The Majority Report, the Tea Party Nation is making demands.
Tags: Barack Obama, Conan O'Brien, Daily Links, Debates, Funny or Die, Halloween, Jay-Z, Primaries, Republicans, Tea Party, Warren Buffett
You know, they say that the top 1% of U.S. citizens control something like 40% of the nation's wealth. That's exactly why Barack Obama's "Buffett Rule" millionaire's tax is so unfair! Why does he have to go and pick on such a small minority? Where's the social justice in that?
Coverage continues with The Word after the jump.
The Colbert Report airs Monday through Thursday at 11:30/10:30c.
Tags: Barack Obama, Economy, Michele Bachmann, Money, Paul Ryan, Stephen Colbert, Taxes, The Colbert Report, Unemployment, Video, Warren Buffett
My God! Before Fox News pointed it out, I'd never realized that poor people in this country had it so good. No wonder the middle class is pouring into their ranks in droves!
Coverage continues after the jump.
The Daily Show airs Monday through Thursday at 11/10c.
Tags: Corporations, Fox, Jon Stewart, Money, Taxes, The Daily Show, Video, Warren Buffett
Warren Buffett fixes the country…
"I could end the deficit in five minutes. You just pass a law that says that anytime there is a deficit of more than 3% of GDP all sitting members of Congress are ineligible for reelection."
Ah, but how do you get Congress to pass that law?
Oh, I know. Make it illegal for them not to. Easy.
Tags: Debt, Economy, House of Representatives, Money, Quote Unquote, Senate, Warren Buffett